****** Parents!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ****** Parents!!

As some of you know i go on maternity leave on friday. I only look after 1 little boy 3 days a week 9 hours a day. I wasnt even supposed to start work until september because i was pregnant i decided to put off working until then. However i then got a phone call from a woman asking me if i could look after her little boy as she was desperate and couldnt find anyone else so i reluctantly agreed.

Well anyway since then the little boy has been a pain in the he has no manners and all he wants to do is play on his ds. He is rude and spoilt! The mother has complained that i dont take him to toddler groups but she knows the reason is because i have SPD and cant walk to them at the minute. Not to mention the fact that its on camp and i dont have my pass to get on base yet! If she had him at home all day she wouldnt be able to take him either because shes not allowed on camp so its not like he was missing out on anything.

Anyway today she has just collected and given me verbal notice i told her i need it in writing. What has ****** me off is the reasoning she gave for this! She said its because she doesnt want to unsettle him any further because they have jst moved house then he settled here and now hes going to have to settle somewhere else for 4 weeks and she doesnt then want to move him out of that care and then he is starting nursery in september. But she knew i was going on maternity leave when she signed contracts!!

Even when she signed contracts she messed me around coz she didnt know what days and ours she would need for weeks!! She even had problems paying me to start with so i didnt charge her a deposit! She cant even afford to buy him socks that fit!!!

Anyway what do i need to do for termination of contract? Paperwork wise? I only have 2 days to sort it all out coz he finishes with me on friday.

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ****** Parents!!

You dont have to do anything. Let her give you notice in writing. All you have to do is send a quick letter acknowledging her notice period.

What a flippin pain in the bum!

x
    Big banana hugs from me!

xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good riddence to bad rubbish comes to mind! Just put it behind you babe and enjoy your own baby x you can find something else when your ready x
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a termination of contract letter that i get them to sign which states that if they are claiming childcare tax credit its their responsibility to let them know. Make sure its dated and there can be no comeback on you x
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont get wound up sounds like yor well rid anyway. Think I remember seeing a termination of contract on bromley, but it was some time ago so not sure if its still there

I bet Fri cant come soon enough for you

Helen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nell57 View Post
    Dont get wound up sounds like yor well rid anyway. Think I remember seeing a termination of contract on bromley, but it was some time ago so not sure if its still there

I bet Fri cant come soon enough for you

Helen
    No it cant i was looking forward to it anyway but now it cant come quick enough!!

I thought about ringing in sick for the next couple of days coz i feel exhausted and it would serve her right but unfortunately i cant afford to have to pay her back £180

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Never mind hun its only a few days and your made of strong stuff, you can make it till then, then you can chill, (till the baby arrives that is )

Helen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nell57 View Post
    Never mind hun its only a few days and your made of strong stuff, you can make it till then, then you can chill, (till the baby arrives that is )

Helen
    Yea i'm looking forward to the extra time with my beautiful (unless he looks like hubby haha) baby boy it'll give me more time to get used to being a mummy especially when hubby goes back to work.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it was her intention all along to use you for the short term! or maybe I am in an extra cynical mood today. I too would enjoy the extra time with Jayden and find someone else when you are ready to go back to work

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i bet thi swas her plan - or she's just a royal pain!!

I have just closed the door to my mindee for the last time - I made sure that they had signed the attendance register for this week & also my accounts book to show that they have paid me the money that they owed me.

Other then that - i just acknowledge there letter or should I say e-mail , of termination when i got it.

I do agree with the others that at least you'll enjoy the time with Jayden without thinking...............oh no only 4/3/2/1 weeks to go

x
    Katickles

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheek of it. But who wants parents like that anyway. Who ever you get next will be better than her.

Enjoy your time off.

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's probably worked out for the best, things normally do.

You can relax with your baby and not have to cope with a mindee who sounds like a bit of hard work!

Something/one will come along that's much better for you when the time is right, I bet.

xx

Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest its probably for the best anyway. You have your own little bundle to think of.

For the next couple of days just let the little b.....r play on his DS and you put your feet up and relax.
    Fiona xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fionamal View Post
    To be honest its probably for the best anyway. You have your own little bundle to think of.

For the next couple of days just let the little b.....r play on his DS and you put your feet up and relax.
    dont worry i'm not doing anything for him! You'll probably see me alot on here the next few days lol.

Hubby is going to teach him lots of bad habits before friday lol

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littlesprogs View Post
    dont worry i'm not doing anything for him! You'll probably see me alot on here the next few days lol.

Hubby is going to teach him lots of bad habits before friday lol

I like your style

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey1 View Post
    Good riddence to bad rubbish comes to mind! Just put it behind you babe and enjoy your own baby x you can find something else when your ready x
    As
    Monkey says...
    I am sorry that you have had to put up with this hassle so close to your baby being born.
    The parent doesn't realise a good thing when she has it!

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

aw hun

let him on his ds and rest

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you are ok Louise

Think I agree with Amanda think it was this parents intention in the first place

Enjoy your rest

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    Hope you are ok Louise

Think I agree with Amanda think it was this parents intention in the first place

Enjoy your rest

Angel xx
    After thinking about it i think you and amanda are probably right.

Although i dont know which childminder she has gone to i know she will find it hard to get holiday cover when she needs to coz 3 of the other childminders in the area i know and one of them is my sister in law and the other 2 are her best friends. I know another that wont take under 4's aswell. Since she has messed me about after i did her a favour i wont be taking him back to cover her holidays and i'm pretty sure my sister in law and friends wont either.

Good luck to the other childminder getting him to ask for things instead of i want all the time and his dirty discusting habits lol

registe
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your rest Louise,

Hope this silly woman never darkens your door again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast