Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Charity shop bargains

Handed a few bags of old toys into the local charity shop today. First time I've ever been in one and managed to pick up a vetch funfair ball pop thing for £1.50 :-) need to have a look for the balls to go in it but pretty chuffed with it!! What's your best charity shop bargain?

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Childminding wise I couldn't choose as I get a bargain nearly every week - my husband says he is going to take my photo to the charity shops in town and tell them not to sell me anything else.

For me, I was looking for an outfit for a 90's fancy dress party but instead spotted a Phase Eight dress, in size 10, in my favourite colours - pinks and purples and they clearly didn't know what Phase Eight is as the dress was £6!! I paid over £100 for the dress I wore to my daughter's wedding last year, going to save this new dress for a nephews wedding in the summer.

3. Likes mum24, Shamai, watgem liked this post
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha laughing out loud about the photo!
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, charity shops may now be filed with walls full of childminders faces!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    Haha laughing out loud about the photo!
    And me!

Mustn't let hubby see this, it might give him an idea

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Browsing time!! My OH hates charity shops so I'm always allowed to go on my own...bliss!

I find loads of bargains - mini beasts, washable dolls and duplo recently!

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

At the end of last year I bought a lovely "We're going on a bear hunt" pack - it was new and sealed and had a DVD, hardback book and board game in a gift box. It was £4. I had been looking at buying the book on it's own for more than that!

I also bought my son an England football top for £2 that he wears to his football club!

I bought a Junior scrabble for 75p! Oh and I love this little wooden man I bought for 50p that has sort of blocks that make up his body with elastic holding it together that you can bend the blocks aroun to change his position for example so he sits down or puts his arm out etc. Lovely.

Now I want to go to the charity shops lol!

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I think my best buy so far has to be a Cozy Coupe (pink) for £3.00 and a ELC backboard/whiteboard easel for £2.50. So glad I went on a Saturday so I had space in the car! Would have been gutted to have to leave those behind!

Also got a lot of little people stuff for £10.

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So many! Two days ago I got a funny carriage with nests on that turn as you roll it and about 30 really tiny fluffy animals that go in the nests and on the carriage. No idea what it is but the kids are fighting over it
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

13. Likes loocyloo, watgem liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I also look at the bric a brac section for interesting things for treasure baskets - got small pair of wooden clogs, carved wooden elephants, wooden bangles, lavender bags, springy egg cups, interesting fabrics

I often buy things in charity shops to be our outdoor toys and then when they get left out in the rain I don't mind, bought 2 boxes of brand new jenga type blocks for £4 a box to add to outdoor construction box, bought the boys action men that can be played with in mud, gravel or sand, and cheap books for 10p each that they can have in a box in the tent.

My husband now says he is going to introduce a one toy in, one toy out rule and it's just as well he didn't know that Barnado's were offering Argos vouchers before Xmas if you donated toys as I may have come home and found my playroom empty!

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I love charity shop bargains but don't seem to get the time to go these days. Must make more of an effort. Your dress was a bargain!

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i got an old barbie wardrobe with little hangers and spaces for shoes for a pound..my little neice got one for xmas it was over 30 and wasnt half as well made.and i got a scramble game ,like perfection where you have to match the shapes before the timer pops out ,this is a 2 player version ,cost a pound and they all love it

dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Mindee loved the charity shop when we went in, loved rummaging about in the box of toys :-)

Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a bought puzzles, books, fabrics and spare clothes/wellies etc. My favourite purchase would have to be a little Thomas the Tank Engine pull along suitcase, all the children love it and they have been on soooo many lovely 'holidays'!!

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

We are addicted to chariy shops here.

Went in a couple ths morning as we passed. 2 children we had with us helped choose a few new toys. They loved it.

Best bargains are huge box of lego for £10. Was about £50 worth in there. Sylvanian stables for £2 barbie and ken from toy stroy £2 and various happy land bits very very cheap. I also buy lots from local facebook sale pages.

Nov 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

... a brown handbag.....that had £150 hidden in an inside pocket!......i rifle through every bag in charity shops now!!

21. Likes migimoo, Donkey, Rubybubbles liked this post
    dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisa1968 View Post
    ... a brown handbag.....that had £150 hidden in an inside pocket!......i rifle through every bag in charity shops now!!
    Oh wow!! Think I'll need to make a trip to charity shop on a regular basis to check their bags!!

FEB09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greanan View Post
    Handed a few bags of old toys into the local charity shop today. First time I've ever been in one and managed to pick up a vetch funfair ball pop thing for £1.50 :-) need to have a look for the balls to go in it but pretty chuffed with it!! What's your best charity shop bargain?
    My friend has a ball pop thing, it has a little door near the bottom and the balls pop in there for storage, does yours have something similar?
    Sandy
    xx

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Love love love charity shop bargains... I got We're Going on a Bear Hunt, Owl Babies and Brown Bear Brown Bear for 10p each!
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't even started yet and my toy cupboard is full of charity shop bargains, lost track, I really shouldn't go in! But find it hard not to justify when it's a bargain! Got a family of potato heads £1.50, so many books, a Doctors set for £1.20....the list goes on

26. Likes watgem liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast