Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Retainer fees for TTO

Hi I'm new to childminding and was wondering if someone could give me advice on the following matter, I currently have all my under 5 spaces occupied but 1 of my children is term time only to which I have requested a retainer fee. I now have someone wanting holiday care only again under 5, am I right in saying I can't take a retainer fee and care for another child, any info would be much appreciated xx

Apr 92
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbings View Post
    I now have someone wanting holiday care only again under 5, am I right in saying I can't take a retainer fee and care for another child, any info would be much appreciated xx
    It would be unprofessional to take a retainer for a place that would not be available for the term time only child. However, if you wish to take a deposit to hold the space over long holidays such as the summer to ensure they return then that would be appropriate.

Tunja

nov09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbings View Post
    Hi I'm new to childminding and was wondering if someone could give me advice on the following matter, I currently have all my under 5 spaces occupied but 1 of my children is term time only to which I have requested a retainer fee. I now have someone wanting holiday care only again under 5, am I right in saying I can't take a retainer fee and care for another child, any info would be much appreciated xx
    when you take a retainer its to hold that place, so you cant charge if you can offer that place to them should they ever need/want it (thats how i undertand it)
    all my contracts are tto and i just charge a deposit which i hold until the end of a contract. that way i am not contracted to work school holidays but still have a deposit to hold.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No you cant charge a retainer and then fill it with another child.

What you could do is not charge the retainer and then replace the TTO with the holiday child
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door