Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello - name help

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for ages as had to put my childminding on hold due to moving house. All set to go now, just waiting for my fire assessment then ready for my pre reg visit!!

I need some ideas on a name though. I don't want to be just K***'s Childcare, I'd like a name like Tiny Tots or something that doesn't have my name in. I can't think of anything decent though - does anyone have any ideas?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i always liked the sound of 'little treasures' ... with a bit of a pirate theme going on

'little explorers' ( although i think some one on the forum is called that? ... i've always liked it )

'handprints' don't know where that came from ... just occured to me!

what about maybe linking it to the name of your road or area? i was going to live in a house called 'Eastfield' ( but it all fell through ) and i was going to call myself 'Eastfield childcare' or just 'Eastfield'. my current batch of mindees just shout 'loocyloo's house' whenever we ( or they! ) get near my house, so maybe just call yourself 'name's house'. doh! just read that you didn't want to use your name. how about 'playhouse' ?

3. Likes sprinkles liked this post
    Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi loocyloo, thanks for the suggestions! It's hard trying to think of something, not sure where you stand with copyright etc if someone else has the same name as you....?!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Hi loocyloo, thanks for the suggestions! It's hard trying to think of something, not sure where you stand with copyright etc if someone else has the same name as you....?!
    i don't think you can copyright the name of your business as such, unless its linked to a childrens character/tv etc ( i'm probably wrong though! ) i would do an internet search of names i liked, linked to childminder/childcare etc and see if any turn up in the local area. if the closest person is a fair way away, its unlikely to cause any problems. good luck x

edited to say, i meant to say earlier, i really like your user name on here ... think that would be a cool name!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 22-01-2013 at 09:48 PM.

6. Likes sprinkles liked this post
    Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    i don't think you can copyright the name of your business as such, unless its linked to a childrens character/tv etc ( i'm probably wrong though! ) i would do an internet search of names i liked, linked to childminder/childcare etc and see if any turn up in the local area. if the closest person is a fair way away, its unlikely to cause any problems. good luck x

edited to say, i meant to say earlier, i really like your user name on here ... think that would be a cool name!
    That's good to know! I quite like Bright Beginnings and there's no one local to me with that name when I google it.

dec 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a t suggestions but think bright beginnings is a fab name :-)

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

So I've thought of another name I like - Precious Dreams - it links in with mine and OH's surnames. Can't decide if it's a bit too 'cute' though. Other ideas were Precious Tots and Precious Little People.

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Bright beginnings is a great name!

What about 'Little Acorns' or 'Little stars' ?

I'm not keen on using the word 'precious' but that's just my personal opinion.

Hope you think of something soon

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RuthJ View Post
    Bright beginnings is a great name!

What about 'Little Acorns' or 'Little stars' ?

I'm not keen on using the word 'precious' but that's just my personal opinion.

Hope you think of something soon
    I see where you're coming from with the precious thing.

I do like Little Acorns. I was also thinking Little Monkeys as we have a large monkey puzzle tree in our garden but think it's a bit cliche for a child related business.

I am liking Bright Beginnings though, I'm just not sure what to have as my logo. Possibly a fun sun?

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I see where you're coming from with the precious thing.

I do like Little Acorns. I was also thinking Little Monkeys as we have a large monkey puzzle tree in our garden but think it's a bit cliche for a child related business.

I am liking Bright Beginnings though, I'm just not sure what to have as my logo. Possibly a fun sun?
    What about a sunshine and the the rays can be made of handprints in bright colours.

Or footprints in a row (like they're walking) in bright colours.

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

What about a sunshine and the the rays can be made of handprints in bright colours.

Or footprints in a row (like they're walking) in bright colours.
    Oh I like those ideas!! I need to find someone to design one for me though as I'm not arty at all. Was thinking maybe someone on eBay?

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I like those ideas!! I need to find someone to design one for me though as I'm not arty at all. Was thinking maybe someone on eBay?
    Could you design them yourself? Borrow a child to do it for you?! You could photograph the image yourself and save it as your logo. Not sure how you'd get your name on there as well but you can download some nice fonts.

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you design them yourself? Borrow a child to do it for you?! You could photograph the image yourself and save it as your logo. Not sure how you'd get your name on there as well but you can download some nice fonts.
    Hmm, not sure. I'm thinking just colourful handprints in a circle with 'Bright Beginnings Childcre' written in the middle but can't seem to find a picture without writing through the middle of it

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you think of the attached logo? Only decent thing I could find on vista print.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you think of the attached logo? Only decent thing I could find on vista print.
    I like the paint splodge! I've just googled 'design a logo' and there's quite a few websites that do them - not sure of the prices though.

July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I've caled mine little monkeys but I was toying with calling it caring hands x

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a nursery in Peterhead called Bright Beginnings, if you google that you can see what they used as a logo.

Have you checked that no local nurseries are using that name?

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    i always liked the sound of 'little treasures' ... with a bit of a pirate theme going on

'little explorers' ( although i think some one on the forum is called that? ... i've always liked it )

'handprints' don't know where that came from ... just occured to me!

what about maybe linking it to the name of your road or area? i was going to live in a house called 'Eastfield' ( but it all fell through ) and i was going to call myself 'Eastfield childcare' or just 'Eastfield'. my current batch of mindees just shout 'loocyloo's house' whenever we ( or they! ) get near my house, so maybe just call yourself 'name's house'. doh! just read that you didn't want to use your name. how about 'playhouse' ?
    I did the same regarding road as I live on the corner of Dell Rd so I called myself Dell Corner Childminding!!

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lynncjt View Post
    There is a nursery in Peterhead called Bright Beginnings, if you google that you can see what they used as a logo.

Have you checked that no local nurseries are using that name?
    I've googled it and it was nurseries/childcare down south that came up with only a couple in Scotland, all at least an hours drive from me. There are none in this town with that name and none in nearby towns that I know of.

It's the only name I could think of and liked, it's so hard
    Last edited by sprinkles; 28-01-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So I've thought of another name I like - Precious Dreams - it links in with mine and OH's surnames. Can't decide if it's a bit too 'cute' though. Other ideas were Precious Tots and Precious Little People.
    I like Precious Little People as you can do alot with PLP and pictures for a logo but do you only have little ones?
    Debbie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast