Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: EYFS policies

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default EYFS policies

Would you kindly tell me how I mention this in the policies??

I'm new to the EYFS & I'm just about to get my portfolio together but I still don't understnad the EYFS & incorporating it it.

help please.....

Keri

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: EYFS policies

I would hightly recommend that you visit Sarahnev's website & purchase her ebooks...worth every penny!

http://www.knutsfordchildminding.co.uk/

(click on the books for sale tab).
    Blaze x

Post Thanks / Like

Have a look on the Bromley website there is lots of information on there and it links what policies you need to the Welfare Requirements

miffy xx

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

ohhh that's weird i mentioned Bromley in my post...it's disappeared!
    Blaze x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    ohhh that's weird i mentioned Bromley in my post...it's disappeared!
    Ha ha - those gremlins are around again!!!!!

miffy xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you Blaze!

I don't sell policies - there are lots of free ones on www.bromleycma.org.uk. I have done a section in my e-book 'EYFS - Meeting the Standards' about policies - I'll try and precis for you here ...

The best thing to do is to read the EYFS and make a note of all the things it says you must do ...

Then go through the list and write a policy for how you are going to do them.

For example, if you read the bit that talks about working with other providers, the EYFS says -

Providers should maintain a regular two-way flow of information between providers (for example, where the Childminder regularly collects the child from nursery)

So think about how you will inform parents / Ofsted, through a policy, that you intend to do what the EYFS says ...

EYFS Working with other providers policy
    Every Child Matters agenda - helping children make a positive contribution

Meeting the requirements - quote the bit above...

I intend to meet this requirement by -

- asking parents to give written permission for children's other settings to communicate with me;
    - giving other settings an overview of my monthly planned activities so they can take these into consideration when planning for each child's needs;
    - asking other settings for information about what the child is doing there so I can complement their activities;
    - asking the other setting to provide me with newsletters and any curriculum information;
    - requesting a report about the child's progress at the other setting and giving access to the child's Celebration of Achievement (or whatever you call it) which is prepared here;
    - writing a daily report about what the child has done at the other setting, by asking the child and forming a cooperative relationship which his/her key worker;

Etc...

Signed, dated and update date (usually a year hence).

Hope this helps

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, I too am in the middle of drawing up ALL the necessary policies and wondered, do I have to make references to the EYFS in all of them or is it enough that I have written them so that they are in line with the guidelines, and that I state that at the front of my policy file? Does any of that make sense?? I'll get there one of these days

Thanks for all you advice so far, it really helps to know you are all here

Anna xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You do not have to make reference to the eyfs in your policies.

I was thinking it might be useful for people to work through the framework and pull out phrases which they can write a policy against...

That's how I've done mine.

The ones on www.bromleycma.org.uk and www.************* don't make reference to eyfs as far as I know but they follow the statutory framework very closely which is legally required and of course good practice for us all

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah....feel a bit better, will take a while for my head to stop spinning though

xx

feb08
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: EYFS policies

i registered in feb and havent heard anything about efys or b23....is this because i live in wales....is it only childminders in england that need to know these things

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by debbiefranc View Post
    i registered in feb and havent heard anything about efys or b23....is this because i live in wales....is it only childminders in england that need to know these things
    Yes! Lucky you!

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnev707 View Post
    You do not have to make reference to the eyfs in your policies.

I was thinking it might be useful for people to work through the framework and pull out phrases which they can write a policy against...

That's how I've done mine.

The ones on www.bromleycma.org.uk and www.************* don't make reference to eyfs as far as I know but they follow the statutory framework very closely which is legally required and of course good practice for us all
    Thats how I have done mine too. Apart from the fact that I managed to overwrite them totally last night Luckily I have a hard copy and am a fast and competent typist! But still I was ******* cross with myself. Beating my head against the 'puter desk and all Brian could say was "are you alright?" Yes hunny I regularly do this whilist calling myself names .....