Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not sure what to do here

I'm just updating the LJ's and have got to the individual planning and have a question....

When you plan for a 30m child for the next term, do you cover all 7 areas with a statement in each area or would you just cover the 3 areas as the child is under 3 years?

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funemnx View Post
    I'm just updating the LJ's and have got to the individual planning and have a question....

When you plan for a 30m child for the next term, do you cover all 7 areas with a statement in each area or would you just cover the 3 areas as the child is under 3 years?
    Hmmm I don't do my individual planning like that, I do it weekly as we go along.

I would include all areas for a 30m old because they don't suddenly hit 36m and start 'performing' in maths, uw etc so it makes more sense that planning for specifics should creep in around the 3 year mark rather than just appear overnight. For an average 30m old it could be very basic.planning for the specific areas with a big emphasis on the main three - for a forward 30m old who is really secure.with.the prime areas, the planning for specific areas might feature more. I don't know if that is correct mind you
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - it's very loose planning - just a short statement e.g. PD - will continue to support and encourage J in dressing and undressing himself when toileting and then how I would do it (support and encourage) what resources I need (none really but could use doll with zips, buttons and so on). I just did that for all 7 areas. The weekly stuff I do with them individually is not written down but more following their lead, but with the termly planning always in mind.....

All this paperwork is so confusing, I can only hope I'm doing enough as Mrs O is a year overdue and I'm kind of expecting a call this month!

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's scary with the change in eyfs.isn't it. I was ok with planning, surprisingly it was the only area where Mrs o seemed pleased and didn't query anything. Just the rest to work on then...
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

I do a simple weekly individual plan.......Wk 1- J needs encouragement in independent dressing so will praise and add dressing the teddies/dolls into group planning.

Wk 2- Getting there with independent dressing, continue to praise and encourage. Will add a fun game about teddy getting dressed to go on an outing into our group planning.

Wk3- etc

Wk4-etc.

Maybe complete with giving a certificate.

And when I do the group planning I put initials next to the parts of the plan that is specific to the child, this is where the 7 areas of learning come into it, you will find that just dressing a teddy can cover a lot and if you don't cover all 7 area's each time I wouldn't worry as long as you can see progression

It works for me, and don't forget to involve what the parents say into the weekly plan

Karen
    Last edited by karensmart4; 12-01-2013 at 02:24 PM.