Self Registration ideas
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Self Registration ideas

Has anybody got any ideas for a nice self registration board we can use? My mindees are only littlees (12 months and 22 months)

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

We use a magnetic board, I bought some .......I don't know what you call them ......oblong, see through things that you put photos in and they have a magnet on the back, from Baker Ross... I put a photo of the child and their name in each of these and they move them from into the 'These Children Are Here Today' section of the board when they arrive and move them back behind the line when they leave.

The older children only have their name on theirs.... 3yrs plus or once they recognise their name

Clear as mud I know .... sorry but I hope you get the gist of what I mean.

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What about something like this:

IWBResources

They are strictly speaking for the interactive white board, but I've printed the background and laminated it (we have the snowman one at the moment, as we're doing Winter). Then print the little snowmen off - you can copy, paste and resize so they are bigger for less children, mine are about twice the size. Stick a velcro strip to the background and velcro *** to the back of each snowman and away you go.

I've done the same thing with kids faces on before now too - with elves and kids photos as the face of the elf. Might be more visual for the baby? Toying with doing the background as a photo of my house, with a full length photo of each child to register with, too.
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Karen and Laura. Some ideas to look into there

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I drew a house and laminated it then stuck Velcro ***s and stuck them on the windows and roof. On a blank sheet of laminated paper are more ***s, with photos of the children also laminated with ***s on, the chikdren move their photo to the house when they arrive.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a laminated 'welcome' sheet in different languages - and photos of the children.

I bought some velcro ***s and we put up photos of who is here every day when they arrive

Why on earth is d o t starring out??

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have an A4 display/focus board from PTS that I put velcro strips on. I laminated photos & separate names. The younger children find just their photo, older ones add their name, schoolies sometimes just use their name.
    Since doing this for one term, my just 3 yr old can find his name, not just out of all names in pot, but from a selection of similar names & words!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure. Just looking at why velcro dots is not appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I have a laminated 'welcome' sheet in different languages - and photos of the children.

I bought some velcro ***s and we put up photos of who is here every day when they arrive

Why on earth is d o t starring out??
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Seems okay now? Sorry about that!
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk