Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: grrr! schools!

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default grrr! schools!

My son's school nativity tomorrow and we are limited to 2 tickets only, which includes bringing children with me. Soo I can go but on my own with 1 child! Phoned them to explain I need to bring all children or I can't come! Have to now wait and see if they can let me be 'a special case'

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Rubbish isn't it! Its the same here with our schools x
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

2 tickets including children is ridiculous. We have the two ticket system in my sons school also but they are for the adults! They also do 3 shows, 2 of which are adult only which seems the wrong way round to me but hey ho.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

my old school used to let me go to the dress rehersal with all the minded children, as this is the one the school watched! (but this was a 'special dispensation'!) i prefered it to going with all the parents, as there was always fuss over who sat where etc and the children were more relaxed at the dress rehersal! i used to make sure a friend would make a fuss of whichever of my childrens play it was, ( if DH couldn't go ) so they didn't feel left out, but they knew i'd already seen it

our current school is happy for whoever to come & watch their plays ... i'm going to a few in the next couple of weeks ... and my children are in none of them!!! some have mindees in and one is the class i volunteer in!

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We are the same here - 2 tickets including kids! They do 2 shows - one is this morning and one on thursday morning and you have to fill in a slip letting them know which day you are going. I am going on thursday as only have 1 little one then and her mum is happy to start at 11am so I can watch the show without entertaining a baby!

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they won't back down, won't even allow my mum to wait outside in the corridor with mindees so they would still be in my sight and hearing (just!). Looks like my mum is going with my DD now and I'm at home with mindees!

So now in process of looking at how to register mum as my assistant so I don't go through this again!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see both sides of this - our school for the 1st time has allocated 3 tickets per child
    I completely understand why some of you arent happy - but in our tiny school hall it has been a joke in previous years. i can think of 1 family alone where parents , grandparents , uncle and aunts , and great grandma all come ..plus 3 los as the mum is a cm....12 seats for 1 family. And thats not unusual...they are there camping at dawn to get the best seats , and other parents and siblings are left standing at the back unable to see or hear their own child.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Our school does the 2 tickets rule too but any which are left you can buy after a certain date so I have managed to get extra.

Our school imits it to 200 people and it's a squeeze to fit in.

So I can see both sides but it is annoying
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours also has two ticket rule and do a performance next monday afternoon adults only at 2pm and Tuesday morning at 9.30 allowing children. Hubby is going monday and fortunately I an going tuesday morning and have no children until 11am except school run.
    Deb
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Post Thanks / Like

Ours have the 2 ticket rule and as they are two evening performances, younger children are not allowed AT ALL - inclusive behaviour my ****

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooEarlyForGin? View Post
    Ours have the 2 ticket rule and as they are two evening performances, younger children are not allowed AT ALL - inclusive behaviour my ****
    It's such a shame as the little ones love it. That's why I'm asking mum to take my daughter and use my 2 tickets as she was looking forward to see her brother at school.

I do think an evening performance is a good idea, when I worked in school I used to get so much hassle wanting time off to see things at my own children's school.
    The reason I left working in the school was so I can be there for my own children and I still can't do it!

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

All the schools round here the limit it to 2 tickets per child and no children at all of any age, and for the younger ones it's in school time so parents have to find someone to mind any small children they have.

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours are limited to two tickets, and no kids at all. However, they run a creche manned by teachers/ta's.

Not an answer for minded children granted, but helps with siblings.

To be honest, I can see the schools side of things as space is usually limited. If I were working in my old job, and really wanted to attend, I'd have had to take the day off. It would be no different as a cm, if I had minded kids that afternoon I'd have had to taketime off to attend.
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to some of the parents at our school who went to the show today (i am going on thur) and asked how they enjoyed it - 3 sets of parents said "oh it was great - we are going to go again on thur as no-one was making a note of who went" they said there kids didn't understand and wanted them to go twice - the rules are annoying but I still stick to them and it is very annoying whe others don't! I had explained to my daughter I cou;ldn't go today as we are only allowed to go to one showing so I am going on thur - she was ok with this but its mixed messages when she then sees her friends parents there both days (she will notice as rattled off a lost of parents who were there today that she knows!) and of course will be elbows at dawn on thur if lots of people do this!

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have to order tickets! But never had to have them for children before. For one assembly I forgot my ticket, had to wait outside until all the other parents had go in and for them to check that there was enough space for me! Felt like a naughty school girl! lol

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This was the very reason I became a cm. I would take the day or afternoon off so I could go to things at school otherwise it kind of defeated the object of working at home.

I can't blame the schools for not letting in lots of children or having to limit to 2 tickets. They only have a limited amount of space and it wouldn't be fair if they let you in with several children because you were a cm and then didn't let another parent bring husband and two grandparents if you see what I mean.

Our local schools allow us to go to the afternoon rehearsal and take minded children and as my children are grown up now I don't go to theirs but this scheme means I can support mindees.

17. Likes Ripeberry, merry liked this post
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

We only have a two ticket system, but the hall is tiny and there are only 60 kids in the school. They have to adhere to strict rules on numbers and even have to do a raffle just to pay for the 'performing liscense' This is for kids yr 2-6.
    The reception and year 1 kids do their play in the local church and LOTS of people can turn up there :-)
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

We used to have a two ticket allocation, but childminders we treated separately and not limited

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I book the day off. Wouldn't want to take mindees as I want to be totally focused on my own child for once. It's tough losing a days pay so close to Christmas though but I'll always do it. x

21. Likes merry, Tealady liked this post
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Our school does first come first served. DD2 was ill last year for the week that the notices went out so there were no tickets left try explaining that to an 8 year old! Luckily my friend had not realised that as a school governor she would be given tickets and had already bought hers so I bought them off her! Phew!

This year we are singing in front of the Christmas tree in about 20 mins!! best go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast