Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: nvq

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default nvq

hi just been on the discussion site it looks frightning i might start the course with a friend in september but i dont think i like what im reading i think it is going to be too hard im not a young chicken im 54 a nan of 2 children and daughter living in ireland with her boyfreind and just been told getting married on the 12th june next year in ireland do i need all this hassle with the nvq on top of the wedding prep dont know what to do, need nvq by 20010

thanks veronicaxx

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: nvq

They've changed the rules - you now need a level 3 qualification by 2015 ... does that help?

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Trust me you will be fine. I've just finished mine last month, it took just over 12 months to do and if you've got a good tutor and assessor you should have no problems. And dont forget you have the help from the fantastic people on this forum to help you through it .

And believe me if i can do it anyone can.

Good luck making your decision

Helen

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to do it and can get funding then I'd go for it.

Good luck

miffy xx

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Go for it Veronica, Its my Wedding Anniversary on 12th June. I got married in 1992 It was a beautiful day - and the Irish sea Was like a Mill Pond - only I could travel across the sea to my wedding on the morning of the wedding.

Since you haven't done much studying for a while I'd start with a level 2 as you can cross reference stuff over to level 3 and as someone said if you have a good assessor and mentor/tutor she will guide you through it.

NVQ's shouldn't involve lots of writing so don't get too hung up on it all.

Have you got funding sorted yet? - If not get on to your local CIS.

I have to go now as I've got a little mindee arriving in 30 mins and need to have a shower.

PM me if you need any help
    Celest

Pipsqueak Guest

The NVQ is fine. Its a bit more in-depth than the DHC but I can promise the NVQ is do-able.

I have three kids of my own, four if you count the hubs, two dogs, *****mind (obviously!!!), am on the Scouts Committee, and do all the normal things mums do and I am just at the end of mine.

You can do it - so go for it. Tons of help about on here!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you all for the kind replys a area support person came out to see myself and someone who i go and do the courses with and told us it was 2010 so she doesnt know everythink. sarah when was it changed.

veronicaxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just remember reading it - can't remember where or when, sorry!

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you haven't done much studying for a while I'd start with a level 2 as you can cross reference stuff over to level 3 and as someone said if you have a good assessor and mentor/tutor she will guide you through it.

NVQ's shouldn't involve lots of writing so don't get too hung up on it all.

Have you got funding sorted yet? - If not get on to your local CIS.

PM me if you need any help[/QUOTE]

This is excellent advice from Celine

I was in the same position, not really done any studying for 20 years at least, I know showing my age now. I was put staight onto lvl 3, not sure why and went into it totaly blind what was expected of me. I do wonder, even though i did get through it, if it would have been alot less stressful if I had started on lvl 2

Helen