name of new website
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

Default name of new website

Hi everyone, there's been a couple of new websites posted on here recently.
    It's something I've been thinking of doing, and my dd has volunteered to help me. Yay!
    My childminding business has never had a name, except my own one and I could, I suppose, stick with that, but I feel I'd quite like a catchy name.

However - what to call it?
    I have a few ideas for names, and as far as I know there are no childminders or Nurseries in the immediate area with those names, but if I found that my choice was the same as someone elses - would it be a problem? After all, there's only so many words in the world and we all use the same ones at some point.

What do you feel?

Jul 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was the same, I fancied a name, I went with Buttons Childminding. It was a name I liked but no-one here has a similar name and more importantly the www of Buttons Childminding was available.
    Last edited by Buttonsjan; 23-11-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: www disappeared

jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttonsjan View Post
    I was the same, I fancied a name, I went with Buttons Childminding. It was a name I liked but no-one here has a similar name and more importantly the www of Buttons Childminding was available.
    Thanks Jan, - and I had a look at your website, very nice.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i'm very boring ... i just use my name! i didn't want parents to have remember more than that!

i just have my name & my area as my www! it means it comes up quite quick in google searches!

pauline, who used to own the forum made mine (and hosts it) and i love it! parents often comment on it.

in the list of pages in the pink bit on the top, click on childminding help, then 'need your own website' is about 2/3s way down the list on the lefthand side.

jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    i'm very boring ... i just use my name! i didn't want parents to have remember more than that!

i just have my name & my area as my www! it means it comes up quite quick in google searches!

pauline, who used to own the forum made mine (and hosts it) and i love it! parents often comment on it.

in the list of pages in the pink bit on the top, click on childminding help, then 'need your own website' is about 2/3s way down the list on the lefthand side.
    Thanks Loocyloo, I've had a quick look and it looks good. I'll investigate it more when I have some time ove r the Chrstmas hols.
    Thanks for the link