Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Arriving quietly

I have 4 mindees arriving usually 3-4 days a week.

Three of them aged 6,8,8 and have got into a habit of racing to the door as they arrive at 8am. The two 8yr olds have known each other from birth and are in the same class/parents are friends etc.
    So usually all I can hear outside the front door at 8am is a huge amount of shouting as they race to get here first and then a huge bang as they arrive at the door ramming into it.
    Recently Dad has joined in with the competition and encouraged them to get there first, shouting etc.

Now, I don't know if I'm being petty but its really starting to annoy me. I'm going to mention to parents tonight that I have had a word with the children about arriving quietly in a morning due to the noise level and the neighbours. I know the neighbours are up getting ready for work but I don't want to encourage a complaint.

Is it reasonable to mention it or is it just being petty?
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Id mention it - it is very early and they need to learn to consider the feelings of those around them in society in all sorts of situations - at school age they are old enough to be considerate!

sep 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally reasonable to mention it. I tell my lot not to shout in the street when we go to school too as you never know who is having a lie in.

Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes definitely mention it as they need to respect those around them such as your neighbours
    Jo Jo

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

I have this same issue with a set of brothers that arrive at 7am during term time! I can literally hear them before they even hit my street!! I have had words with both the brothers and the mum but unfortunately for me it didnt seem to sink in at all I also had to stop them playing in the play room first thing as I'm sure the neighbours thought I was murdering them, the screams & crashing about were just madness!! Instead they get a choice of drawing/colouring, reading or a few cartoons before breakfast.

Hope you get a better response than I did!

jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

in the morning i sit where i can see everyone arrive and I get to the door before the annoying thud or repeated bell pushing.
    I had problems with parents parking across neighbours drives. I added a request on my newsletter saying a neighbour had complained. That way i wasn't blaming a particular parent.