Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bleeding superglue..ugh

Kids are playing nicely in the play kitchen and i remembered I had a couple of plastic toys with handles broken off and needed to glue them as they were newish and I don't want to throw away.
    A lovely kettle that makes noises when boiling and handle snapped off when someone stepped on it and a pan handle.

Got more glue on my hands than anywhere else. At one point my finger was stuck to the handle I hate superglue!!
    I've got it on the worktop, tea towel as I had to quickly wipe it off and all over my hands.

Grrrrr!!!
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

that will be on your hands for days. I once tried to pick it off and ended up pulling off skin which then got infected

I am now banned from using superglue in our house as i am never careful with it.

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Superglue is a nightmare, but definitely has the right name!!

Pipsqueak Guest

I try to stay away from superglue... hate the stuff, the amount of times I have glued my fingers...

now leave it to the OH.... he can glue HIS fingers together lol

Post Thanks / Like

What annoys me, is that most of the time it easy sticks fingers to things and fingers together, but not the actual thing you want to stick together. Coming from the person who managed to stick three fingers together whilst trying to do some repairs. Luckily I was near the sink and quickly sunk my hands into very hot soapy water. My husband now hides superglue. (But I know where it is)

oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm a bit frightened of superglue as I am always worried I will end up in A&E with some toy stuck to the end of my finger with all the doctors and nurses giggling at me............

My late nan swore by the stuff and even superglued a roller blind to her kitchen window because she was sick of it falling down. Everything in her house was stuck together with superglue, wallpaper, curtains, all sorts........

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm useless with superglue and proved yesterday that I should be banned from touching all sticking products (except from Asda's own PVA glue which was a disaster for junk modelling - definitely did not do what it said on the bottle), I managed to get stuck on my fingers the sticky side of velcro dots (well a sellotape version) and nearly lost my fingerprints!