Oh the bliss of a quiet house!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh the bliss of a quiet house!!

Today is my first day of work without my co minder that didn't work out and it's bliss!! Had no babies today so I went back to bed when girls had gone to school (was at a hen party on sat night didn't go to bed Til 430am not able anymore!) and then just had one after schoolie .. Nice and peaceful for homework and now we are at the playground .. Bliss!!

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

lucky you.

Glad it did not work out with your friend ! I am sure you will get on much better on your own.

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

was she ok when you explained it wasnt working out?

Post Thanks / Like

She took it quite well, said she knew I was finding it hard (that though hadn't encouraged her to do more to help!) I just said I was finding it stressful with so many people in the house and too busy and I preferred my routine before ... Then spent the week biting my tongue. Wednesday it was like she had an attitude make over, all helpful and pulling her weight properly and I began to think maybe I had made the wrong decision, however it was because she wanted something! She wanted to swap my after Schoolie (who walks himself from the school round the corner) for her two schoolies who have to be picked up by car from another school, alledgedly because she can't fit them in the car but she can if she re arranges one of the two mindees she has those two days a week which is possible because both mums don't mind what days they do! It's all about an easy life for her I am afraid and it's crazy because it is 50 euros for those two schoolies for just three hours a week and more in the holidays! I told her I wouldn't do it and she got very pushy on Friday about it and I really had to stand up for myself which left a bitter taste in my mouth. She also left my house in a mess on Friday when she knew i had a guest staying for the weekend so I am so so glad it's over!

To be honest I am feeling betrayed and cross that she treated me like this and I need some space from her before I can even think about picking up what was a very good friendship or so I thought! Sad

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a shame to hear that it ended a bit sour.
    I hope you can both get your friendship back on track
    Jane xxx

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

big big hugs.................we live and learn eh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    big big hugs.................we live and learn eh?
    We sure do!! Wouldn't now recommend co minding to anyone! Thanks for the hugs Ziggy and hugs back for you in your situation xx

8. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Im so glad you had a good day, long may it continue xxxx
    If all else fails......add glitter!

may10
    Post Thanks / Like

aw sorry to hear it didnt work out, i know how you feel i went though the same thing last year, we started minding together from day 1, she didnt like not having braks, dinner hour, finnishing late, starting early ect in the en my house was full of kids (up to 8 under 5s everyday) and it qorked the same as a nursery dose and my house didnt feel my own got very very sour at the end

what would you do?

everyone on here were fantastic and i finnally got the courage to do it on my own... never been happier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adele1985 View Post
    aw sorry to hear it didnt work out, i know how you feel i went though the same thing last year, we started minding together from day 1, she didnt like not having braks, dinner hour, finnishing late, starting early ect in the en my house was full of kids (up to 8 under 5s everyday) and it qorked the same as a nursery dose and my house didnt feel my own got very very sour at the end

what would you do?

everyone on here were fantastic and i finnally got the courage to do it on my own... never been happier
    Wow you went through the mill didn't you?! Very similar to me in the end,such a shame when a friendship turns that sour! Glad you are happier, I feel a lot lighter this week, and yes everyone here is fab, it really makes a difference that you can feel them rooting for you!

may10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    Wow you went through the mill didn't you?! Very similar to me in the end,such a shame when a friendship turns that sour! Glad you are happier, I feel a lot lighter this week, and yes everyone here is fab, it really makes a difference that you can feel them rooting for you!
    it will only get better hun, i can honestly say since working on my own i feel 100 percent confident, my house is my home again for example wen i have a day off i can stay in my pjs all day and watch tv wen working with the other minder if i had a day off i had to either go out for the day or spend the day in my bedroom as the kids where stll at my house

although my income has gone down significantly i still woudent change my desision for the world

13. Likes smurfette liked this post
    oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a nightmare! I like being my own boss too much to work with someone else!

Hope you can recover your friendship if that's what you want although she seems to have shown her true colours a bit.

may10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Sounds like a nightmare! I like being my own boss too much to work with someone else!

Hope you can recover your friendship if that's what you want although she seems to have shown her true colours a bit.
    lol sorry not sure if you mean me

no were not friends noe and i dont think we could ever go back to our realationship before but if i see her out and about i smile thats about it - can be a bit akward on trainning courses if shes on the same one as me which hasent happend yet thankfully - i really dont like confruataion