i tried....but i could not muster up any sympathy......sorry......
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default i tried....but i could not muster up any sympathy......sorry......

The bats have left the bell tower.....

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Whilst I can understand the inevitable sense of schadenfreude, I do worry where all this will lead.

If they're just looking to get freelancers on the cheap, is that really any basis for hope amongst CMs?

When I worked in public transport we were constantly watching standards decline as they brought in this private contractor or that freelancer to save money. It invariably ended up with them costing more in the long run to do a far worse job thatn had been done by direct employees. As we used to say, "before you complain, please remember that your service today was provided by the lowest bidder."

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Whilst I can understand the inevitable sense of schadenfreude, I do worry where all this will lead.

If they're just looking to get freelancers on the cheap, is that really any basis for hope amongst CMs?

When I worked in public transport we were constantly watching standards decline as they brought in this private contractor or that freelancer to save money. It invariably ended up with them costing more in the long run to do a far worse job thatn had been done by direct employees. As we used to say, "before you complain, please remember that your service today was provided by the lowest bidder."
    i agree with everything you say.....but as i am sat here supposed to be doing my SEF (as you can see) on my day off it made me a bit warm inside.

But in reality its all going to the dogs isnt it?

wibble xxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid I have no sympathy for the inspectors who had to do the test after receiving conflicting information and little training and now fear for their jobs and how they will support their families if they are out of work...welcome to our world!

If training is so bad & information so poor, why do they come into our homes & try to give the impression they know everything & whatever they say must be right because they're the inspector? Clearly that's not the case.

But I do agree with Bunyip. I'm sure it's an underhand way of trying to cut costs, and ultimately standards

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WibbleWobble View Post
    i agree with everything you say.....but as i am sat here supposed to be doing my SEF (as you can see) on my day off it made me a bit warm inside.

But in reality its all going to the dogs isnt it?

wibble xxx
    As a wise old drunk in my local would say, "It all went to the dogs years ago. Now it's going to the fleas who live by sucking the blood of the dogs!"

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite Ofsted themselves telling us the revised EYFS was almost the same just simpler and less paperwork - just shows that the new terms and titles for headings and criteria has confused them as well as us. Maybe Ofsted need to get themselves a Sarah707! (but definitely not our Sarah707)

9. Likes ChocolateChip, LeanneC liked this post
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have some sympathy with the individual inspectors - I have found each of the ladies who have visited me very knowledgeable but also human, and whilst there are rogues in every profession and injustices in every exercise of power, I am prepared to believe these are in the minority. It is not the inspectors' fault that the organisation they work for is so badly managed, or that they are being caught up in the government's agenda with regard to the childcare workforce.

Having worked in the public sector for many years, I find it perfectly plausible that the motives for this "quality" initiative are actually cost=cutting and erosion of the employment rights and conditions of the workforce. Removing experienced inspectors and either increasing the workload of the remainder or replacing them with casual staff cannot be good for any of us. No doubt they will next be saying there are not enough staff left to inspect small settings.

11. Likes ChocolateChip, Ripeberry, bunyip liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I'm afraid I have no sympathy for the inspectors who had to do the test after receiving conflicting information and little training and now fear for their jobs and how they will support their families if they are out of work...welcome to our world!
    If training is so bad & information so poor, why do they come into our homes & try to give the impression they know everything & whatever they say must be right because they're the inspector? Clearly that's not the case.

But I do agree with Bunyip. I'm sure it's an underhand way of trying to cut costs, and ultimately standards
    I must admit when I read that bit that's exactly what I thought.

xxx

apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Desp!ite Ofsted themselves telling us the revised EYFS was almost the same just simpler and less paperwork - just shows that the new terms and titles for headings and criteria has confused them as well as us. Maybe Ofsted need to get themselves a Sarah707! (but definitely not our Sarah707)

With you on that one!

BucksCM Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    I must admit when I read that bit that's exactly what I thought.

xxx
    That's exactly what I thought too!!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you imagine that if they did it with school teachers? Most schools would close down! I think the government is very underhand. One point and you lose your career? I wonder how many are going to go to industrial tribunals, or will they be able to become 'free lance'.
    Of course they will lose all the perks of being employed and will become self-employed. As someone said...Welcome to our world!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com