Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hate saying no

Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hate saying no

Last year I only had 1 EY child mon-Thurs and I was struggling to get business.advertised everywhere but I had no enquiries for about a year. In total I had 1 EY and 4 school children dotted through the week.
    All of a sudden things picked up in october and I've just filled my last space. now I have 5 EY and 10 schoolies and have just squeezed another EY in.

Got a lovely email last night about childcare for 3 days and now I can't fit him in because ive just filled my last space. I knew I couldn't but I had to get my chart out just to see if I could squeeze him in somehow.

I hate saying no especially as I know how up and own this job can be. All my mindees are recommendations with just 1 coming from my website. Getting an enquiry out of the blue around here is like gold dust and to turn it away is awful.
    She sent a lovely email back saying she hopes she can find someone that looks as good as me as there was some wonderful things on my website
    Boo
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

ahh thats so great that they really wanted it to be you! It is hard saying no - I hate saying no as we are so limited on childcare spaces and I know that if someone is asking for something then they are really unlikely to get it!

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

It's awful isn't it. I've had this happen plenty in the last 12 months too. If someone rings me now I always say I'll call them back later as I have to double check (even though I know that I can't do it). It's great to hear that your website is attracting attention as well.