My first inspection...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My first inspection...

was today and they gave me satisfactory which I am more than happy with! Yay! At least now I can relax for a while!

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

well done.

sit back now and relax

love wibble xxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news, well done. Glass of vino for you tonight then!!
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Very well done

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pinkellifun View Post
    was today and they gave me satisfactory which I am more than happy with! Yay! At least now I can relax for a while!
    Well done. Any advice for me as mine is due in a few days. Don't feel I am ready

Oct, 87
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats great

Carol

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

well done - big pat on the back for you...phew, now breathe.... lol xx

Hels xx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done

Obviously you haven't got anything to compare it to, but can you give us any other information or tips on what inspectors are now looking for under new EYFS?

What did they think of your observations and paperwork - did they spend much time looking at paperwork or did they just watch how you interacted with mindees?

Hope you haven't drunk too much wine celebrating, to reply!

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Well done

Obviously you haven't got anything to compare it to, but can you give us any other information or tips on what inspectors are now looking for under new EYFS?

What did they think of your observations and paperwork - did they spend much time looking at paperwork or did they just watch how you interacted with mindees?

Hope you haven't drunk too much wine celebrating, to reply!
    I was absolutely exhausted so I was in bed early!

My inspector was lovely. She really explained how things were going to go and made me feel at ease.

The documents she looked at were the CRB checks, Learning Journey's which included my observations (for both mindees even though I only had one there that day), Safeguarding policy and asked if it included mobile phone and cameras, my (very brief) SEF.

She told me when she would start observing us interacting and this started at snack time - she wasn't hovering, she was interacting if the mindee went to her too. After that she asked questions, like what would I do if a child protection issue arose, what do I do to work with parents and incluide them in the child's learning, what do I do to interact with nurseries/pre-schools/schools, how do I teach reasons behind healthy eating and physical exercise (I was stumped on that one!!! I do it but didn't think about it).

She then said she would go out for a while, collect her thoughts and ring their helpline - they have one now so they can ring and check that their thoughts are correct if they need to - then come back and discuss the result with me.

Think that was it. She also said it was worthwhile for everyone to read the inspector guidelines before an inspection (I hadn't) as it tells them exactly what the inspector is looking for.

Does that help everyone? Ask questions if you want - I have a tendancy to forget things straight away then remember in a few days!!!

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pinkellifun View Post
    I was absolutely exhausted so I was in bed early!

My inspector was lovely. She really explained how things were going to go and made me feel at ease.

The documents she looked at were the CRB checks, Learning Journey's which included my observations (for both mindees even though I only had one there that day), Safeguarding policy and asked if it included mobile phone and cameras, my (very brief) SEF.

She told me when she would start observing us interacting and this started at snack time - she wasn't hovering, she was interacting if the mindee went to her too. After that she asked questions, like what would I do if a child protection issue arose, what do I do to work with parents and incluide them in the child's learning, what do I do to interact with nurseries/pre-schools/schools, how do I teach reasons behind healthy eating and physical exercise (I was stumped on that one!!! I do it but didn't think about it).

She then said she would go out for a while, collect her thoughts and ring their helpline - they have one now so they can ring and check that their thoughts are correct if they need to - then come back and discuss the result with me.

Think that was it. She also said it was worthwhile for everyone to read the inspector guidelines before an inspection (I hadn't) as it tells them exactly what the inspector is looking for.

Does that help everyone? Ask questions if you want - I have a tendancy to forget things straight away then remember in a few days!!!
    Well done on your inspection This info is very helpful to everyone, so cheers for that My mind goes to mush when they ask questions even if I know the answers

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for that feedback - I did read "What inspectors would be looking forward" but forgot to save it, so will look it up again.

Well done on answering questions - I think they should observe one day (or do it by webcam would be better!) and come back another to look at paperwork and ask questions - you wouldn't take 3 kids to an important interview would you?

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay

Relax and enjoy
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done! I had mine yesterday to! Wasn't half as bad as i'd expected. I'll feedback on mine as soon as i have my internet back on! Problems with my telephone line and a bit to indepth to do off my mob lol :-) x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

well done.

sounds like you had a nice time & a nice inspector!

xxx