Twin help please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Twin help please

I have adorable twins starting next week, Mum is coming tomorrow to do the paperwork, pplease can someone with experience of this confirm for me what I need.

Obviously 2 sets of child record forms (NCMA) surely I only need to give her 1 set of policies, and obviously 2 sets of consent forms, but what about the contract? I am doing her a discount for the twins so do I do 1 contract in total or 1 for each child? It would be easier to word everything on one contract if I am allowed.

Nov 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I only do one contract per family and just break it down where necessary e.g for fees i would put
    'Cost per hour for first child-£xxxxx
    Cost per hour for 2nd child-£xxxxx

just make sure you include both of the twins names where necessary.

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use ncma contracts and they are specific to each child so i would have completed one for each child.
    Debbie
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

may 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmin68 View Post
    I use ncma contracts and they are specific to each child so i would have completed one for each child.
    Debbie
    I agree that separate contracts must be written, i called NCMA a few years back and they confirmed this. I have recently amended my permission forms from child to child(ren) so I only need one per family now. Good luck x

BuggsieMoo Guest

I have twins and I issue duplicates of everything - 1) so I get it covered for each child, 2) cos they are seperates and should be treated as individuals and 3) mum/dad cant say they didnt have it if they got it twice.

However P&P's can be given once as long as consents are gathered for both children, contracts are individual and record forms are individual. x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i do individual contracts, permission forms, all about me forms, food likes & dislikes, first aid/medical forms for siblings. i note on each contract that sibling attends too, and if this affects fees ( i offer a sibling discount ) then this is written on as well.

they share policy & proceedure forms and invoices!

sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have twins of my own. I would expect a contract per child - one may leave before another or have differing care needs etc, one set of permissions per child and a record form per child. I wouldn't need 2 sets of policies etc. Good luck

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all, I will do 2 contracts and everything else. I cant think about it until the afternoon as I have my first graded OFSTED inspection in the morning!