Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone bother with free milk?

I struggled with it for a while and made about a fiver in two months ... Then when I tried to claim formula (which I provide) as well as normal milk for others the website couldn't take the info so I dropped it. However now I have so many mindees I wonder if i'm throwing away good money?
    If you do it - how much do you claim a month? I have 4-9 mindees a day. Should I start claiming again and backdate?
    Cheers
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Oct 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I put formula or normal milk for mindees through as an expense in my accounts. That way I know I'm claiming the right amount and don't have a potential problem with relying on another company over claiming in my name

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

i gave up. used cool milk for about a month and they kept messing up. i was getting about £1 of milk a week, not worth the hassle. now i just put it through my expenses and its one less thing to worry about auditing and messing around with.

x

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't bothered for years.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    I struggled with it for a while and made about a fiver in two months ... Then when I tried to claim formula (which I provide) as well as normal milk for others the website couldn't take the info so I dropped it. However now I have so many mindees I wonder if i'm throwing away good money?
    If you do it - how much do you claim a month? I have 4-9 mindees a day. Should I start claiming again and backdate?
    Cheers
    How old are the children? You can only claim for the under 5s.

I have 3 or 4 under 5s each day, so claim for 1 pint, or 1 1/3 pints each day. I work 4 days a week, so if they've all attended it's about 50p a day, £2 a week. My claim is generally between £8-£10 per month. But I only claim once every 6 months or so. 50p a day doesn't seem much, but it is nice when I get a £50 bank transfer twice a year

When I put in my claim I simply sit with my register open counting up how many children I had over each month. It's easy If you haven't claimed for a while (assuming you kept your registration with the site) it's definitely worth taking a few minutes to sit & go through your register.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

the nursery milk people lost me from their system!

i have a letter with all my id etc on, and they claim i don't exsist and have never been registered, yet, their system says someone is registered using my details !! i gave up, i got so frustrated with them all!

i used to use scotts for free milk delivery, and after a couple of teething issues, they were great, but they don't deliver where i now live!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    the nursery milk people lost me from their system!

i have a letter with all my id etc on, and they claim i don't exsist and have never been registered, yet, their system says someone is registered using my details !! i gave up, i got so frustrated with them all!

i used to use scotts for free milk delivery, and after a couple of teething issues, they were great, but they don't deliver where i now live!
    Scotts will have registered you with them, so must have claimed on your behalf at some time. I wonder if that's where the confusion has come from?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Scotts will have registered you with them, so must have claimed on your behalf at some time. I wonder if that's where the confusion has come from?
    having just read this, i have just written them another email to see if i can sort it out! hope so! i go through pints of milk !

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

having just read this, i have just written them another email to see if i can sort it out! hope so! i go through pints of milk !
    Good luck!

Someone on here posted about how they had cancelled their delivery through an agent, but the agency was still claiming It also happened with a friend of mine & she only found out when she tried to do the claim herself

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I claim it every 4-5 months and do all the 4-5 months in one go.

My amounts very depending on school holidays when a couple of my littleys are TTO so dont come

Its between £3-£6 a month so when I do 5 months in a go I get about £25 so I think its def worth it.
    Its all online and easy to do. I just go through the register, look who Ive had, mark it on a bit of paper for 1 child = 1/3 pint so 3 children make a pint
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

I use cool milk no problems, l confirm each week that the amount claimed for is the same as l have had, once a child is in another setting getting milk we cannot claim for them each under 5 is only entitled to 1/3pt a day.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Scotts, they used to deliver twice a week on a Wed and Fri, but now only delivery on Friday which is bit of a pain, but I have my own milk delivered on a Tuesday so balances out in the end. I did try the individual cardboard cartons but it was messy as children used to squeeze cartons and milk would squirt out - tried using my own longer straws, but found they drink more milk if in their own beakers anyway.

Thanks for this post, must remember to ring Scotts and cut back on my order now 2 day mindee gone to school, then I will have to put it up again when new mindee starts in 4 weeks time!

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I use cool milk. I get it delivered by the local milkman which is very handy especially on a wet day or a lazy day. I just let them know of any changes to numbers. No worrying about trying to work out how much money to reclaim.

Jul 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Use cool milk here.
    Had a few problems of no milk delivered but rang them up and milk was promptly delivered next morning with a free extra pint for my troubles.
    Love Amanda

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't bothered as not one of my mindies will drink milk. Two will only drink water and one will have water or juice.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Never bothered - would rather just claim back on my own expenses.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

it all gets very confusing!

nursery milk people have finally tracked down my account ... yes, it is linked to scotts and payments stopped end of march 2011. as i thought...

however, it is still linked to scotts AND they made claims on it, several months later when i wasn't living at the house, or even in the same county that the milk was claimed for!

typically, we reached this point minutes after the office for scotts closed for the weekend i am not very impressed at all. i have emailed them to ask what happened!

nursery milk people are great, just got to send them a letter with change of address etc and its all sorted!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

it all gets very confusing!

nursery milk people have finally tracked down my account ... yes, it is linked to scotts and payments stopped end of march 2011. as i thought...

however, it is still linked to scotts AND they made claims on it, several months later when i wasn't living at the house, or even in the same county that the milk was claimed for!

typically, we reached this point minutes after the office for scotts closed for the weekend i am not very impressed at all. i have emailed them to ask what happened!

nursery milk people are great, just got to send them a letter with change of address etc and its all sorted!
    This is the thread where someone else said it had happened (post 12)

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...ight=free+milk

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I get my milk delivered from Scotts, I get the individual cartons as the LO's I have drink more from them than they do if they get beakers, it's fab!

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I go on nurserymilk.co.uk and claim 1 pint per day which works out about £14 a month. My milkman delivers so I pay them and claim from the site which gets paid directly into my account. Easy peasy and no hassles!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast