Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New childminder

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Question New childminder

Hi
    I am looking for advice on what paperwork I should be completing on a daily basis. Im fairly new to childminding and my childminding co-ordinater has not been very helpful in this area and has now just left and no one has taken over her job at the moment.

I have 3 children all starting on Wednesday and I just want to be doing the right things from the start. I will do a daily diary for each child to send home so parents can see/reply. Any help in assessments, planning and general day to day things would be gratefully recieved.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angie 1306 View Post
    Hi
    I am looking for advice on what paperwork I should be completing on a daily basis. Im fairly new to childminding and my childminding co-ordinater has not been very helpful in this area and has now just left and no one has taken over her job at the moment.

I have 3 children all starting on Wednesday and I just want to be doing the right things from the start. I will do a daily diary for each child to send home so parents can see/reply. Any help in assessments, planning and general day to day things would be gratefully recieved.
    I'm in a similar situation although not had final certificate from Ofsted. Good luck with 3 starting together!

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Presuming you have contracts and personal records in place, just take time to get to know the children, ask parents what the childrens interests are, and then after a week or so, being planning around their interests, depending upon their ages.
    There are lots of free downloads re planning on the free downloads page, and loads of idea for activities.
    Just take it one step at a time and you will be fine.
    You will find lots of good advice and encouragement on here.
    Good Luck and well done in getting three to start.

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooops meant to say that is what I would do, others may do things differently.

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gook luck with childminding job your new role with children, you do have to do the contract first, i am wondering if you did settling period, get to know child and family. .?

Post Thanks / Like

Moved your thread to this section

Hopefully you will get more response here

Angel xx