Thread: what do you...

Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what do you...

talk about at new parent meetings?
    I send them my polices before they come and I have my folders with my references in for them to read and tell them a bit about our day and ask what they want from childcare, sometimes this lasts a good hour and somtimes 10mins! i run out of things to talk about regardng buisness as its all in the polices I send, I dont want to stop sending them as parents seem happy with the fact they can read them in their own time and dont have to ask money questions etc.
    so what do you all talk about

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I get them on their favourite subject - their child/ren and ask questions about home / family / routines etc.

The last parent interviews we just chatted and mum said later she loved just getting to know us

jumpinjen Guest

Yeah me too - I don't send out my p and ps so I plump the information folder on their lap, open at the 'fees, terms and conditions' page and then go and make them a drink whilst they read it - we usually end up chatting about all sorts - the children, things we do - I try to find some common ground and make some kind of connection to them - if it's hard going then they probably aren't the family for me!!!!! I make sure that I sit on the floor and play with their LO - my first visit went and I was so nervous about telling them everything, they left and I realised with embarrassment that I had barely spoken to their child!!!!! Ooops, live and learn! Jen x

Jul 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was given the same advice as Jen, play with the child and chat, let them ask the 'business' questions, so you're not overloading them.

It worked today

Post Thanks / Like

I concentrate on playing with the child whilst parents look through the paperwork. Most of the conversation will be about the child and i'll be double checking what days/hours they want to make sure I have space for them.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!