mindees favourite toys?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Default mindees favourite toys?

What are your 1yr-2yr mindees favourite toys??? I have over the last few months 'got rid' of several toys because they were never played with!! like alot of vtech stuff! mine like the dolls and buggies etc big time! then there is the remote controls, mobile phones, keys, balls etc. I ask this question because i was considering buying a vtech discovery tree but as it is so big ( no playroom) and storage is a problem! I am wondering if its worth it! I end up giving them 'things to put things' messy stuff!! How many toys are actually played for what they were designed for??

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

All my mindees in that age range love to play with my son's old cars and trains, they've ignored the vtech stuff for months!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have very few VTech type toys and I don't think the mindees ever miss them.

Our favourites at the moment for that age are toy cars, play cooker & food, building blocks, Happyland, treasure basket, jigsaws & books.

They also love the basket of old mobile phones, the old house phones, calculators, old TV remotes, old computer keyboards, sets of keys on keyrings.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you recently got rid of vtech type toys I would probably not buy another different vtech toy. I wish I had taken my own advice when the 3 year olds didn't play much with the small pop up tents, I decided they didn't play with them because they were small and bought instead an adult 2 man pop up tent - but they don't play with that either - obviously not Den sort of kids!

My 1-2 year olds like Primo duplo, treasure baskets and role play toys, little tikes vehicles - and standing up by the booster seats fiddling with the straps!

Kimmy050983 Guest

Both mindees now 21 months but had one of them since 6 months old :

favourites were and are:

buggy and doll
    play kitchen and play food
    train set
    cars and garage
    blocks
    stuffed animals
    pop up tent and tunnel
    DUPLO
    books
    wooden toy telephone
    music instruments
    animals (wooden and little people)
    jigsaws

crayons
    play dough
    painting
    water play
    sand play

non toys like

wooden pegs,
    treasure basket
    pots and pans
    tupperware boxes etc

I have NEVEr had any vtech toys and will never do as in my experience they never really get played with for long anyway.

Kimmy050983 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    and standing up by the booster seats fiddling with the straps!
    That's sooo funny, both my mindees do this lots too

sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Hectors house, the same here! my now almost 2 1/2 year old mindee does all the clips on every single buggy she can get her hands on!! take the point re vtech and the pop up tent, same here, seems like a good idea at the time! 14 mths mindee today has enjoyed throwing things over the baby gate!! they are so funny arent they?! going to have a toy review I think!

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard today that vtech doent treat their workers well...dont know what truth there is there but thought Id put it out there...
    My fave thing is a water table I made and found a fountain that recycles water out of a tap. They stand there all day filling and pouring.
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Jul 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Jadavi, that water fountain/table sounds great, might need a photo

sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttonsjan View Post
    Jadavi, that water fountain/table sounds great, might need a photo
    I agree! would be very interested to see it too! Did you make it, or was it from a garden centre?

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

All it is is a small pump that circulates the water. The tap feature is just the design of the pump I bought at a car boot. It is the third one I've tried. You have to be really careful they are safe and sealed electrics etc. We had a friend who's a registered electrician who gave it the ok before we used it. (we bought one on eBay which was lethal)
    I put it on a regular water/ sand table - mine is a square divided diagonally so it fits nicely and the lead is hidden by equipment behind it and just keep it topped up with water standing in a tray. Have a towel around it to mop up spills. Prefer not to do a pic as dont want to be identified by parents on here.

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

All it is is a small pump that circulates the water. The tap feature is just the design of the pump I bought at a car boot. It is the third one I've tried. You have to be really careful they are safe and sealed electrics etc. We had a friend who's a registered electrician who gave it the ok before we used it. (we bought one on eBay which was lethal)
    I put it on a regular water/ sand table - mine is a square divided diagonally so it fits nicely and the lead is hidden by equipment behind it and just keep it topped up with water standing in a tray. Have a towel around it to mop up spills. Prefer not to do a pic as dont want to be identified by parents on here.