How to undertake direct work with children?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How to undertake direct work with children?

How to undertake direct work with children?

Does this mean using child centred methods of communication, choices of communication , engaging and listening to the children, talking, activities taking into account their feelings. Am i on the right track? anythig else?

Pipsqueak Guest

Is that a course question?

In what context is it meant?

Registered Childminder since
    July 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive got an interview and have been told this may be one of the questions. hope that helps.

Pipsqueak Guest

I guess I would take that to mean adult led activities or at the least some 1-on-1 time perhaps for some intervention work for instance.

You would undertake 'direct work' with a child - like you would with any other type of child/work... by observing first to inform planning. Planning would be centered around their childs interests and learning style, it would be tailored to the childs needs and adapted to the childs evolving learning....

any good?