What do you do on a wet day/afternoon with mixed ages?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you do on a wet day/afternoon with mixed ages?

As the title says really, I'm wondering what sort of things you all do both for the shorter period after school and full days during the holidays when you have a large group and/or a wide age-range of children & it's too wet to go outside for any length of time.

I've managed to borrow a few children from friends over the holidays (nearly got knocked down in the rush when I offered free childcare ) as aside from my 2 children having the odd friend round, I've not had much experience caring for larger mixed groups & really want the children to enjoy themselves plus feel better equipped to cope once I'm ready to start charging.

Any suggestions much appreciated and a rough idea of how a busy day in the school holidays looks for you would be a real bonus
    MrsP2C

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Pull your hair out and scream a silent scream deep inside?

This is the reason I only do term-time only...sorry not much help am I?
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    Pull your hair out and scream a silent scream deep inside?

This is the reason I only do term-time only...sorry not much help am I?
    LOL (no help at all )

Nov 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously you need activities to suit all ages!

Playdough is a hit with most kids;just adapt it for ages eg I give the older kids plastic knives and scissors.

baking is a hit too-from fairy cakes,rice crispie cakes and flapjacks,to just decorating plain biscuits with icing and other bits and pieces.And they can eat the end product

I collect collage stuff all the time-cotton wool,wood shavings,pencil shavings,beads,buttons-just about everything.Then i put it all on the table along with pots of glue,paper,paper plates and A4 card.Keeps them busy for hours!

Junk modelling

I also raid the pound shops and the works-they do pretty good craft sets and bits and pieces.Baker ross and hobbycraft do some great craft sets-theyre a bit more pricey,but worth it for the peace and quiet.

I enjoy the school hols-so nice to be able to use the stuff Ive got without watching the clock!

Have fun!!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Get yourself on crafty crocodiles and order a catalogue, they are brilliant and much cheaper and you can buy in smaller quantities than baker ross etc. I let my DS have the catalogue and he ticked off things he wanted, and a box of bits arrived the other day ready for the holidays.