Very quick question!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    notts Guest

Default Very quick question!

I'm back from holiday and busy as hell and somewhere in the process seem to have gone brain dead....

quick one - 4 years but in ft education, am I right in thinking I still follow EYFS and record learning journeys until 31st Aug in the year that he reaches 5 years? also, if so can you get away with not doing a daily diary for a schooler thats still under 5?

Thank you

Registered Childminder since
    May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

- 4 years but in ft education, am I right in thinking I still follow EYFS and record learning journeys until 31st Aug in the year that he reaches 5 years? also, if so can you get away with not doing a daily diary for a schooler thats still under 5?

Yes! You still have to follow up EYFS up to age of five yrs old. YOu dont have to do daily dairy unless you have that child full time under your care, scrap book is ok to show enough evidence what you are doing anyway.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The EYFS is not followed up to the age of 5 years old Jaswinder. The OP was correct - its up to 31 August FOLLOWING their 5th birthday. However you don't need to do a full learning journal. A scrap book is a nice record for the child & family and displays evidence of how you carry deliver the EYFS.

Daily diaries aren't a requirement at any age.
    Last edited by Bridey; 10-07-2012 at 03:32 PM.

notts Guest

Thanks guys

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

From Sept using the revised EYFS we do not have to deliver the full learning and development requirements for before and after / school holiday children.

We must speak to parents and other settings to make sure we are offering complementary activities for the child.

Hth

notts Guest

Thank you. I've got to be honest Im still nto down with the revised EYFS. I have some training in August but apart from a brief read and a few chats with relevant people I'm in the dark

notts Guest

A scrap book is a nice record for the child & family and displays evidence of how you carry deliver the EYFS.
    Bridey - when a child leaves your care, I take it you pass the scrap book on with them? but in terms of our own records and inspections etc, do you copy or photgraph it or something?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by notts View Post
    Bridey - when a child leaves your care, I take it you pass the scrap book on with them? but in terms of our own records and inspections etc, do you copy or photgraph it or something?
    Ofsted wont be interested in an scrapebook for a child that has left your care
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

notts Guest

Oh right. ok thanks.

notts Guest

and I am right that this child in full time education isn't part of my under 5 ratio aren't I?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes

If children aged four and five only attend the childminding setting before and/or after a normal school day, and/or during school holidays, they may be cared for at the same time as three young children. But in all circumstances, the total number of children under the age of eight being cared for must not exceed six.

Just now there is a clause on our certificates regarding 'rising 5s '. From sept the clause wont be there but we can apply the above rule.
    Last edited by mama2three; 12-07-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by notts View Post
    No, I don't keep them as you can only be inspected on children currently in your care. Ofsted isn't interested in past work. I pass the scrap books on to the family the same way as I would pass on the LJ & daily diary for a younger child.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Generally, I'd agree with that but if you're newly registered and haven't built up a lot of evidence of how you observe, assess and record; how you work with parents etc then I would keep photocopies and shove them under Ofsted's nose

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

notts Guest

Thanks everyone