good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ed milaband on daybreak

watching daybreak again lol
    and ed milaband said he has a british childminder
    did anyone else know this ?
    Debra x (kyddcare.com)

jumpinjen Guest

nope - why did he say he had a 'British' cm? That's odd - we're in Britain so aren't we all British cm's? Sounds like the parlance MP's use when they want to empathise with a group of people before they stick it to them LOL

Pipsqueak Guest

He originally mentioned childminders in the context of migrant workers coming over here....

polish builders
    swedish childminders...... (think he told his fantasy on live tv)

and then he twittered on about

his British Childminder WORKING FOR him....

prat......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post

and then he twittered on about

his British Childminder WORKING FOR him....

prat......

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Pipsqueak Guest

http://www.edmiliband.org/

to to his website and put him right about childminders and ask that he supports the e-petition by way of an apolgy

jumpinjen Guest

Here is my message

Hi, have seen some of your recent comments about child minders - I am a child minder and would like to point out that we do not work FOR our clients, we are self employed and as such have a contract with parents but work for OURSELVES. Perhaps you could lend your support to our campaign to prevent the deregulation of child minders which will cause so mauch damage to an important profession and lower standards of care and safeguarding for children like yours! Regards,

Jen

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.edmiliband.org/

to to his website and put him right about childminders and ask that he supports the e-petition by way of an apolgy
    I have emailed him, sent him the link and asked him to take up the campaign with Government.

Will see if I get a reply!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Pipsqueak Guest

Apparently his brother is supporting the cause so i am told.

Obviously they are not sharing the information eh!!!!

lets all send him the link

(doncha think this smilie looks like him!)

Penny1959 Guest

I have emailed as well as follows

Childminder?

I understand you have a childminder who works for you. I find this strange because childminders are self employed and work from their own homes.

Maybe you mean you have a Nanny? Nannies usually work in your home and are employed by you.

Totally different careers.

Childminders have to be registered by Ofsted, and follow the Early Years Foundation Stage. Nannies do not.

Please could you check you facts and issue a statement that makes it clear if you employ a nanny - or if you use the services of a self employed Ofsted Registered childminder.

It is vital that you and all other MP's understand the difference between a nanny and a registered childminder because at the moment there is a lot of debate going on about the future regulation of childminders.

Registered childminders are not nannies and they are not baby sitters - they are professional early years practitioners..

Suggest you look at NCMA's website www.************* and the petition that has been set up to urge the government to consult with practising childminders - who actual understand the job they do - before making any changes to regulations Childminder?

http://www.*****/petitions/uk-g...e-childminders

Will he bother?

Penny

Pipsqueak Guest

oooh you scare me Penny ... so calm, so nicely put!
    Last edited by Pipsqueak; 22-06-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Penny - you put it all so politely Afraid mine was much more of a rant

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Penny1959 View Post
    I have emailed as well as follows

Childminder?

I understand you have a childminder who works for you. I find this strange because childminders are self employed and work from their own homes.

Maybe you mean you have a Nanny? Nannies usually work in your home and are employed by you.

Totally different careers.

Childminders have to be registered by Ofsted, and follow the Early Years Foundation Stage. Nannies do not.

Please could you check you facts and issue a statement that makes it clear if you employ a nanny - or if you use the services of a self employed Ofsted Registered childminder.

It is vital that you and all other MP's understand the difference between a nanny and a registered childminder because at the moment there is a lot of debate going on about the future regulation of childminders.

Registered childminders are not nannies and they are not baby sitters - they are professional early years practitioners..

Suggest you look at NCMA's website www.************* and the petition that has been set up to urge the government to consult with practising childminders - who actual understand the job they do - before making any changes to regulations Childminder?

http://www.*****/petitions/uk-g...e-childminders

Will he bother?

Penny

Penny would it be worth contacting the The Huffington Post on the Internet (newpaper) and asking them to do a story on the e-petition/childminders/campaign????

Penny1959 Guest

Ahh

That will be the LA training

Not only in my early days did I have a manager who checked just about everything I wrote - and not just for my terrible spelling and typo's - but was constantly scribbled in pen all over my work ' YOU CAN'T SAY THAT'

I also had some network childminders who told me in no uncertain terms 'YOU CAN't SAY THAT' (Didn't they Carol M? - Carol once wrote a letter of complaint about something I wrote - and she was right - I was out of order!)

So that is why I am now (usually) very polite

Penny

Penny1959 Guest

Penny would it be worth contacting the The Huffington Post on the Internet (newpaper) and asking them to do a story on the e-petition/childminders/campaign????
    Will have a go Pip - and will send to Childcare Journal as well (might not be till lunch time (nap time) though

Penny

jumpinjen Guest

can you get yourself on daybreak Penny and give it large on behalf of cm's?

Jen

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjen View Post
    can you get yourself on daybreak Penny and give it large on behalf of cm's?

Jen
    How does one do that Jen?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penny1959 View Post
    How does one do that Jen?
    They were up the road from me yesterday wanting to film and interview my daughters nursery,had we have known you could have turned up unexpected and let them interview YOU instead Penny

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish Penny could come and talk to my DO and the childminders in my locality

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by watgem View Post
    I wish Penny could come and talk to my DO and the childminders in my locality
    Get me into a meeting watgem - and I will

Penny

jumpinjen Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast