First meeting went well but hours complicated!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First meeting went well but hours complicated!

I had my first parent meeting this morning...Dad came instead of Mum because she had to go to a meeting. She may come round herself this afternoon or tomorrow.

Everything was very informal, with him even offering to give me a double buggy and a stairgate they no longer use. Chatting was easy, no awkward moments. Children were lovely...however there is a but...Mum is a Teacher and will be working 3 days a week which I initially thought I would be required for but Dad does shift work with different shifts every week and he sometimes has days off in the week so on week 1 and 3 I will be required to work 3 days a week and on weeks 2 and 4 only 2 days a week. The baby will need care for 24 hours on week 1, 10 hours on week 2, 15 hours on week 3 and 21 hours on week 4. The little girl will only need 5 hours of care over the full 4 weeks. Basically between 7.30-8.30 on weeks 1 and 4 to take her to Nursery.

I don't think I am happy with this because she will be taking up an early years place for just 1 hour a day and not even every week which I'm thinking will make it difficult for another parent who wanted to place their child with me. I wouldn't be able to do it unless it was after 9.30am..just seems like alot of hassle for under £20 a month! To be honest the up and down hours for the baby isn't the best either especially as Mum is a Teacher and so I won't be needed for 13 weeks of the year.

I really like the family but it just seems like alot of messing around especially because if I wait I may find someone who isn't a Teacher and wants regular weekly hours..oh the decisions

xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would only do it if they paid full fee for the three days a week. I would do the Nursery one on the basis that if another full time child came along they may have to look for alternative care for the one hour for her. I would put a 2 week notice period on her contract as well instead of the normal 4 week.

may 12
    Non childminder member
    12 may 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

i would still charge for 3 days weather the child needs the space or not because you couldnt fill it ....
    the holidays i would either charge a reduced hour rate and just leave it the full price as it a buisness and you still have cost to pay if the children were in private day nursery these fees would still have to be payed

hope all goes well