Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default oh no oh no yuck

OK so we went for a lovely walk around the castle gardens and to the small farm there this morning,
    off we went on a nature walk and collected some huge pine cones, children said they wanted to bring them back and paint them so i said we would do that and hang 3 or 4 of them each on a bit of string for them to take home and hang up,
    children very excitedly collected them and put them under the buggy, when we got to the car i put the pine cones into the nappy bag
    got home and got out the cones, THEN !!!!!!! i noticed a few earwigs anyway it turns out all the cones are full of mummy daddy and hundreds of baby earwigs!!!! they were all over my kitchen top and in the cones, now the cones have been thrown out the window into the garden and the children want to paint them, i really don't want to say no to the children who will be really dissapointed but i don't want to go near those yucky lil bugs, why oh why do i do these things
    The lil blighters are all in my nappy bag im sure they are in my hair knickers and anywhere in-between
    foxy

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate them too!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i think ear wigs are the worst thing ever !

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

EEEEeew! The children will understand, maybe you can paint pictures of cones? In a few days maybe the bugs will have scarpered and you can paint the cones then? You could shove them in a bucket of water to be sure!

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would freak, I hate bugs!!

sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post
    I would freak, I hate bugs!!
    yep i did . i was doing a strange dance around the kitchen, i thought i was going to pass out getting rid of them
    i have managed to pluck up the courage to give them a good old bash outside and now mindees are happily painting them, the parents better really love them or there will be big trouble, just hope i don't find out they have been thrown in the bin
    foxy

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by foxy lady View Post
    yep i did . i was doing a strange dance around the kitchen, i thought i was going to pass out getting rid of them
    i have managed to pluck up the courage to give them a good old bash outside and now mindees are happily painting them, the parents better really love them or there will be big trouble, just hope i don't find out they have been thrown in the bin
    LOL for a minute i thought you meant the mindees were painting the earwigs !!!

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    LOL for a minute i thought you meant the mindees were painting the earwigs !!!
    good enough for the evil little critters! I swear those little pincher things on their bums are for removing our eyeballs as we sleep or something. I.DONT.DO.BUGS! Ewwwf.