Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Level 3 Training Alert!

I have just read this and thought as I know some of you are doing distance learning Children and the Young People's Workforce Level 3 Diplomas you may be interested in this article.

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/b...eryWorldUpdate

BuggsieMoo Guest

Thats quite worrying. x

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Its very worrying, im doing mine through an independent training provider but looked at the distance learning route before i got my funding.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it.

I have just finished the course with a year of attending monthly study days along with being observed at home three times and visits from a tutor.

A friend did a so call Level 3 Course with the Pre-School she works with and they apprently did the whold thing in 3 months I don't see how it can possibly be the same level of qualification I will have. They had no work place observations either.

It would seem that this is a similar situation.

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure whether to be worried or not, I've done this as a distance learner, I was supposed to attend sessions every wednesday afternoon for a school year but couldn't make them as I had lo's to look after, think I made 4 of them.
    My tutor observed me 3 times and visited me another 3/4 times to have professional discussions and swap paperwork, I'd completed all the paper work within 6 months.
    To get on the course and complete it we had to have a minimum amount of time that we spent with children per week in a work environment
    My course was run by Cache though.
    It sounds very misleading, I wonder how many of the courses are at the correct and recognised level

onceinabluemoon Guest

I'm doing mine by distance learning too. The course is run by City and Guilds so I hope its a proper level 3. I shall have to check now and see if its has those letters in the title. Mine is funded by the council though so surrey they would have checked it out first?

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do wish they would stop faffing about with the qualifications - then situations like this wouldn't arise! I feel so sorry for the people that have paid out for something worthless
    Blaze x

apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive read this somewhere before, dont know if it was NW tho or a link I found on another thread somewhere?

Can't recall if it was on this forum or another, I did actually make a couple of posts regarding what I had read, with re to distance learning qualifications, and how some qualifications are not worth the paper they're written on.

I hopeall those doing long distance learning on here are ok.
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?

BuggsieMoo Guest

Just checked mine and mine is the full diploma would explain the 14 months of hard work, 8 assessor visits and my own going out to placements (even though im full here!). x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoooooaaaaaa!! Thanks for the warning rickysmiths I was looking into doing that exact course. I did Level 3 Teaching Assistant Diploma with Stonebridge a couple of years ago and it took me about a year and was very involved and detailed and it is a full level 3 qualification. I was hoping to offer the free 15 hours for 3/4 year olds and was told I needed a level 3 qualification, Whoopee I thought! But apparently it is not relevant to my work as a childminder according to the qualifications database. I would say it was MORE relevant to the teaching of 3 and 4 year olds which is what the funding is for.

Can I really be bothered to do another level 3 qualification with a slightly more childcare based curriculum. I find it all very wishy washy and confusing!!

Oct 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked into this course a couple of months ago with this training provider, luckily I was on the ball and once I realised that no one came out to observe you I asked if it was the full diploma to be told no. I'm just glad I'm fairly switched on and didn't pay anything.