My Pre-Reg visit has been arranged!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Pre-Reg visit has been arranged!!

It feels like it's been a long long time since I started this process but I have finally had the call today, she's coming on Monday. I'm excited but nervous too as I have a family waiting to start with me. I hope I dont go blank when she's firing questions at me. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda70 View Post
    It feels like it's been a long long time since I started this process but I have finally had the call today, she's coming on Monday. I'm excited but nervous too as I have a family waiting to start with me. I hope I dont go blank when she's firing questions at me. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
    My advice would be to just try and relax! I had my visit last Monday and I was really nervous as well. Make sure you've answered the questions in the ofsted pre reg booklet. All the questions she asked me were in there. I got stuck on a few things but I was able to look at what I'd written. She told me from the start it wasn't a test of my memory, thank god, I have a tendency to go blank at times! Good luck and hope it isn't too nerve wrecking for you. x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire1976 View Post
    My advice would be to just try and relax! I had my visit last Monday and I was really nervous as well. Make sure you've answered the questions in the ofsted pre reg booklet. All the questions she asked me were in there. I got stuck on a few things but I was able to look at what I'd written. She told me from the start it wasn't a test of my memory, thank god, I have a tendency to go blank at times! Good luck and hope it isn't too nerve wrecking for you. x
    Thanks, how long did it take?

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda70 View Post

Thanks, how long did it take?
    Thankfully only 2 hours. My son is in pre-school on a Monday afternoon. I told her I have to drop him there at 12 and pick him up at 2.45. She said that would be enough time to do everything. I was hoping she'd say that as I've seen a few on here last a lot longer!