Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting ready for nursery activities

I've got children moving up to doing the half day nursery sessions.

I am wanting ideas of activities to do with them over the summer months to help them prepare further for nursery.

Thank you x

Post Thanks / Like

I think social activities would be something I would focus on to be honest. And helping them use the toilet independently can dressing and undressing themselves

3. Likes sing-low liked this post
    Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

We are already spot on with that, I was thinking more of a craft activity or story sack etc x

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Little one took photos of nursery (just outside) and of things we do together (my house plus out and about) and we made a book together, little one narrated and I wrote what he said, things he likes doing, things he could do himself, how he was comforted, extra support he needed what he was looking forward to at nursery. He took the book with him to nursery so he could share with the staff and they also found it useful to talk to him about what he does with me, making links.
    It moved onto an all about me project, drawing pictures of himself, a family tree.....

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    Little one took photos of nursery (just outside) and of things we do together (my house plus out and about) and we made a book together, little one narrated and I wrote what he said, things he likes doing, things he could do himself, how he was comforted, extra support he needed what he was looking forward to at nursery. He took the book with him to nursery so he could share with the staff and they also found it useful to talk to him about what he does with me, making links.
    It moved onto an all about me project, drawing pictures of himself, a family tree.....
    Thats a lovely idea, might pinch it!!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

dressing, handwashing (pushing sleeves up), putting on and taking off shoes, sharing, wiping bottom by self - the list is endless.

I also read lots of stories about starting school (if it's a classroom based nursery), talking about worries about what it will be like. I also have a leaflet for parents I prepared advising them how they can prepare their child for nursery by talkign to them and helping them at home.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got