Has anyone used the BubbleBum booster seat?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone used the BubbleBum booster seat?

Has anyone used the new BubbleBum booster seat yet? I can't get 3 booster seats along my back seat as they are too wide. So thought this might be a solution.

Would like to hear peoples thoughts.

Bubblebum
    Toothfairy

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't help, but I was wondering about these too - and just about to post! I thought they might be handy for my own kids too as we are going to Iceland in the summer and hiring a car.

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

they look fab but are way too much for my meagre coffers right now...let us know how they go!
    What's for you, wont pass by you

FEB09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I took a look at the link as I have never seen them before, they do look good and the reviews were good, but at £30 each they are too expensive for me.
    Sandy
    xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done a review - http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/pr...html#Bubblebum

I think it is an excellent idea
    Pauline x

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone
    Toothfairy

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought from later this year we had to use only booster seats with a back on them and these type of seat only ones were going to be against the law to use?

I don't like the idea of using a blow up booster, how long would it be before one sprung a leak? Also they are very expensive.

Asda do the Narnia high back boosters with a five point harness for under £30 and they are quite slim. I have two Britax standard seats and the Narnia across the back saet of my car.

onceinabluemoon Guest

The reviews on Amazon are not good, at least one of them said the booster slid out from under the child, others said it wasn't as high as normal boosters and they couldn't see how it had passed the safety check

My concern would be that in the even of an accident, the pressure of the child being 'thrown around' may make the seat burst. I just cant get my head around a blow-up seat passing safety checks...

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

My girls (8yrs & 6yrs) have been using their BubbleBums since last summer holidays, they are really sturdy and not like a beachball or lilo. The fabric is similar to a life raft!!
    They saved me money on renting car seats last year in majorca and the girls love them. They use them all the time, my eldest takes her to school for when she goes to a friends house to play.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMumof4 View Post
    My girls (8yrs & 6yrs) have been using their BubbleBums since last summer holidays, they are really sturdy and not like a beachball or lilo. .
    That is just what I was going to come back to say. They are really thick and don't feel anything like a blow-up. The outer covering is strong almost canvas feel.

I've been using it with a 7 year old and they said it was great and made their (quote) "bum feel squidgy" . Seatbelt fits across hips and no sign of slipping out.
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I thought from later this year we had to use only booster seats with a back on them and these type of seat only ones were going to be against the law to use?
    I don't think it is law, it is just Britax who are having a campaign to get parents to use high backs.
    Pauline x