Helpl with first assignment
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Helpl with first assignment

Right well my assessor has been out today and set me my first assignment, and well, I have no idea where to start!

I need to do a multicultural activity for a 18 month old and a 3 year old. My mind is blank. I'm sure once I start I will be fine but I am confuzzled! Pls he'll and inspire me! X

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would fill a tray with noodles , and give them bowls , spoons , chopsticks etc to play and explore with. 18m might enjoy the messy play element , the texture etc. 3yr old you can get some lovely language and vocabulary , as well as fine motor skills and kuw.
    This is one that my 3yr old and 15 month love

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. That's a lovely idea. Any others? Xxx

Penny1959 Guest

Any food related ones - so pizza, different breads, rice.

If you have one could start with any of the 'All kinds of...' books and then do some sticking type activities - so people, homes and so on. Or any other story as a starting point.

Set up a role play area as and have resources to cover the multicutural aspect.

I am afraid that personally I would refuse to do any of the above - because I consider everything I do to be multicutural - because it is about similiarties and differences. In my inspection my inspector had noted that I have a lot of resources but said I had not used them and so how did I cover equality - I told how I had done through the story (with puppets / soft toys) called 'Have you got my purr' which is a story about a kitten asking all the animals on the farm if they had its purr - the insopector had to agree that I had in fact covered equality very well.

However I am sure your assessor will be looking for more traditional activities.
    So doll play, small world play like Happyland - I have different homes - windmill, canal boat and traditional traveller type (not that realistic as pink - but then so is the windmill) and people with different skintones (would go well with the All tpyes of homes book)

If your assessor is coming after EXPO meet up - happy to lend you things and arrange to collect at some other time)

Penny