Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy feeling more tired after own holiday

I don't quite know how.. I've already had my summer holiday break and started back at work last week.. I found I was more tired after my break than before it and have found it really odd adjusting back to childminding after just being a mum..

I really enjoyed not thinking about lunches .. having the support of my DH around.. not having childminding posters up.. having my house as a home... and realising how bad my own eating habits have become...(well.. didn't enjoy this realisation quite so much)

Does anyone else ever feel more tired after a break than before it? In years past I had always come home feeling energised and ready to take on the masses.. I'm beginning to see why a lot of childminders seem to take the whole of August off and I'm worried I may not have had enough time to re-energise.. xx

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: feeling more tired after own holiday

We went away for a week a couple of months ago and realised when you have children it's not really a holiday, just exactly the same stuff in a different place! I got home sick though so we came back early... I usually get home sick.
    ''We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.''

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually come back like this and find sorting out my childminding stuff and planning some nice things to do with the children really helps.

I think it's just the thought of another year before a holiday which is a bit depressing, which makes me feel tired and down after a fab holiday. I have always found this feeling only lasts a couple of weeks

Hope you feel better soon

Allie

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually feel like this, holidays with children arent really a rest and then theres always a bit of a low when you have to come back to work. Hopefully it will pass!
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here
    I was full of energy before my hols, had a fabby ten days all inclusive in the algarve then back to work the next day and ifeel pooped still, this is my first summer hols as a cm, and all tho I love it and am enjoying it I am reaallly tired.

NOt sure it would work me taking the whole of August off.My parents ould have a fit!!