how often to do risk assessments?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default how often to do risk assessments?

im a new childminder so just sorting out all my paperwork. i will have a daily risk assessment but how often do i need to do risk assessments for routine outings like the library or the sure start centre that i visit every week?do i need to do one evey time i go?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont do a new one every time I go - unless there are new children or any changes - then I just make a note on the existing risk assessment.
    All mine are reviewd half termly and initialed , changes and updates as neccessary , but I refuse to do paperwork just for the sake of it - so if everything is the same ..same route , same children etc then why change the RA?

may 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i agree

oh right, yes i know what you mean. there is enough paperwork anyway so think i will do all my initial risk assessments then just check them, initial and date them to show i'm checking and updating them. Ofsted will be ok with that won't they?

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I check my policy's monthly and my risk assements ( i mark it on a chart like my daily checks) but i also shedual a review once a year. I have each one dated when created and review date on the footer. Shows good practice and self evaluation.
    Also if you have an accident or incident you'll need to review your risk assesment of that area.