Childminder course help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Childminder course help

Hi everyone, don't know if this is a silly question or not but need to know!
    I'm wanting to become a registered childminder and have just found out that the course starts in September, I really want to sign up for this but I'm currently in the search for a house at the moment. Do I need to have a house ready before I start the course or can I do the course and then get the house ofstead checked at a later date when I have one? I'm hoping it's not going to take long to get one sorted but not sure if I can go into the course without one?!

Any help will be muchly appreciated, Thankyou! X

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can do the course first then complete any necessary paperwork for your application afterwards. Ofsted will inspect near the end of that process anyway

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much, that's great :-)

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can get on a course for September then I would do that. I am in Manchester not sure where you are but there is a very long waiting list apparently for these courses and you may find your area is the same and end up waiting a long long time to get on another one.

You can get on with all your paperwork as you go along and take my advice do get on with it straight away there's plenty of it.

The certificates for safeguarding and from the pre registration course are valid for 6 months so you need to be on the registration list before it expires.

How long do you think before you have a house, are you buying or on the housing waiting list? as this will make a difference to your actual pre registration visit. Which usually has to be within 6 months from applying for the registration process.

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Course first and once your ready then contact ofsted x

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou!

Mum67 I'll be putting myself on the September course list tomorrow, I really want to get started with it. We are renting so just trying to find the right one at the moment but hopefully will have one sorted before Christmas at the latest. That puts me within the 6 months anyway so fingers crossed everything goes as planned. X

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Amyb10 View Post
    Hi everyone, don't know if this is a silly question or not but need to know!
    I'm wanting to become a registered childminder and have just found out that the course starts in September, I really want to sign up for this but I'm currently in the search for a house at the moment. Do I need to have a house ready before I start the course or can I do the course and then get the house ofstead checked at a later date when I have one? I'm hoping it's not going to take long to get one sorted but not sure if I can go into the course without one?!

Any help will be muchly appreciated, Thankyou! X
    The vast majority ...if not all of them...will start in Sept when all the course content has been updated to reflect changes to EYFS and SEND and the Children and Family Act 2014
    All books out here will need updating too!!!

In fact more updates will be made while you are actually on the course because of more changes being announced
    Good luck