Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default genuine or not??

has anyone else had a survey through the post from the department of education? its asks how many children we are registered for, how many mindees we have, how much we earn and more,, you dont send this off in the post somone then contacts you by phone for an '8 min' interview to discuss your answers and ask more questions.
    I cant decide if this is genuine or not so wonded how many other people have had it,,, so far no-one i have asked in my area has recived one.

BuggsieMoo Guest

Ive had this and they have also called me - so far I have not answered their questions cos like you I am also dubious.

Any opinions greatly received - what throws it for me is earnings, why would they need to know that as DFE?

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a phone call asking me did i receive the mail - they then send it to me via email - Considering it a survey they seems quite insistant that i complete it - they phoned me late last friday evening which i found a bit strange. I haven't yet returned it and don't think i will be.
    CWR

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes I have and I have done the telephone survey and I asked for the number to ring them back up and check. The guy told me they are trying to see what childcare is out there and how much it is. He also said that people dont send the questionaires back and childminders ask not to be contacted in the day so they thought evening were better.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door