Cant have my cleaner :(
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    onceinabluemoon Guest

Default Cant have my cleaner :(

After a chance comment by one of my parents today I phoned Ofsted to find out if my cleaner needed to be CRBd as she would be here once a week for 2 hours whilst the children were here - but NOT in the same rooms or in contact with the children at any time.

The answer was yes, CRB is necessary, so I cannot have my cleaner. I was so looking forward to having somebody lighten the load and took on doing the L3 diploma as I thought I was going to have less to do. NO idea how I'm going to manage now but I'm sure I'll find a way.

Just wondering how the rest of you managed with CRBing your cleaners? Or do they come at weekends or when you're not working?

Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems a bit daft to me...I had my boiler serviced on Monday and I dont suppose he was crb checked

My cleaner used to come fridays on my day off so cant help.

I would have thought as long as you dont leave the children unattended with the cleaner then it would be fine??....grrrr at Ofsted

Becky x

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bexc View Post
    Seems a bit daft to me...I had my boiler serviced on Monday and I dont suppose he was crb checked

My cleaner used to come fridays on my day off so cant help.

I would have thought as long as you dont leave the children unattended with the cleaner then it would be fine??....grrrr at Ofsted

Becky x
    Yes heating engineers have to be if they are doing council or housing association

jul 06
    Post Thanks / Like

How about if you go out for the 2 hours?

onceinabluemoon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nic t View Post
    How about if you go out for the 2 hours?
    I did think of that and it would be fine in the good weather but I live in a small town and there isn't a lot to do when the weather is bad

jul 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    I did think of that and it would be fine in the good weather but I live in a small town and there isn't a lot to do when the weather is bad
    That's a shame.

I wonder if the cleaner would be willing to have a CRB check?

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

When I had mine she came on the mornings we went to cm group which we did in any weather.
    Ali xx

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told my cleaner didn't need one even though she was here for 3hrs as she'd never be left alone with the children.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a cleaner come to my old house for 2hrs one day a week. I didn't go out whilst she was cleaning and I don't think she was CRB checked. She mostly cleaned upstairs only the hall floor downstairs. I would never have left the mindees on their own with her so I wasn't aware it could be a problem. Seems a bit silly I think

xxxx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine comes in and we have that day as our soft play week but regardless of this I think Ofsted have given wrong advice.

Why would they need a CRB when they are not being left alone with any child? No different to any other visitor in my eyes
    Debbie

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roseolivia View Post
    I was told my cleaner didn't need one even though she was here for 3hrs as she'd never be left alone with the children.
    i was also told this with regard to my sister bf coming to visit for a few days. Sister live with us while uniis closer to here. anyway it was EY team thats said - and she re-read the statuory guidlines out and from the words in that as long as they are nover left unsupervised then its not a problem she told me to write up a RA about it, and that was that.

but difference in a bf staying over for a few days and probably again soon than a cleaner coming for 2 hours each wk.
    he has said i can do a CRB, so if it gets more frequent i will be doing. but for now i ahve been told the above is fine.
    Weightloss -2lbs (14lb to go)

onceinabluemoon Guest

The bloke said that anybody living or working in my home when the children were there would need crb, (and then applied it to a cleaner coming in) he took ages looking it all up.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't use a cleaner but I did notice that one of the larger local cleaning businesses state on their website that all cleaners are crb checked. Might be worth looking online?

onceinabluemoon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Katiekoo View Post
    I don't use a cleaner but I did notice that one of the larger local cleaning businesses state on their website that all cleaners are crb checked. Might be worth looking online?
    Yep, but what are the chances they are crb'd by ofsted? Bloke said it had to be done by ofsted and even if they were crb'd by another company it wasn't good enough...

sorry not trying to be awkward just going on what he said.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    The bloke said that anybody living or working in my home when the children were there would need crb, (and then applied it to a cleaner coming in) he took ages looking it all up.
    Says it all really - no common sense
    Debbie

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ofsted require a CRB they will do it and if they say your cleaner needs one then they would pay for it. However why on earth do they need it if they are never left alone with the children? I would email them and ask for an answer I think, it does seem to depend on who you speak to and their take on it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would give it a couple of days and ring again.

Explain that your cleaner will not be left unsupervised etc...

Otherwise find a cleaner who will come in the evening or at the weekend.

Now I have one I don't know where I would be without her... actually yes I do and it's not a good place

Good luck!

TheBTeam Guest

I was given the advice that anyone attending the house regularly had to be crb checked, and crb check or not they should not be left unattended with the children anyway.

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends what advisor you get.

When my mum stayed in my house for a while (she was over from Aus) she didn't need to be CRB'd. I asked the registration inspector and she said no. But did say other inspectors would say yes.

If a cleaner is not left unsupervised with the children, I have been advised by an Ofsted advisor that they do not need CRB check.

It drives me mad how inconsistent they are.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Get her CRB'd then. If you have to then tell a little white lie to ofsted....she's a friend who visits a lot!!!

Saying that I'm getting a cleaner and whether I am meant to or not I got her to fill in the form to be crb's by ofsted. if they tell me they wont do it then I'll figure something else out!

But I know I have plenty of people who aren't crb'd by ofsted in my house at some point or another. I mean I'm sure the man who came to fix our virgin box last week wasnt, same with the window cleaner who although never comes in the house is in the garden at the same time as the kids!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast