Eyfs Folder when child starts ful time education
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sep 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Eyfs Folder when child starts ful time education

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me with this.
    I have a child with me who will be starting full time education in September, he is still 4 but I wanted to know, does all his EYFS stuff that I have done go with him or do you wait until the August after his 5th birthday??
    I am a little confused because even though he is starting school full time he is still under EYFS with me. One of my friends said that the paperwork should go because he is in school longer than with me.
    Hope I am making sense.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Personally if he was still with me, I would keep his EYFS folder. What I would do it provide information about his current stage of development to the school, as I would do with any child under 5, starting or moving to a new setting.

Cathy
    www.cathys-childminding.co.uk
    www.pre-schoolplay.blogspot.com

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The rules are about to change!!

At the moment under the Eyfs 2008 we must continue Eyfs and obs, assessments etc until the end of the summer before the child goes into year 1 at school.

From Sept 1st with the new Eyfs 2012 we can stop delivering the full Eyfs once the child starts school - which is normally a year earlier.

However, we need to show evidence that we have discussed what care and learning we are offering the child with parents and other settings to make sure we are complementing their learning needs.

So for now carry on... from Sept if the child is in full time school change things.

Hth

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    The rules are about to change!!

At the moment under the Eyfs 2008 we must continue Eyfs and obs, assessments etc until the end of the summer before the child goes into year 1 at school.

From Sept 1st with the new Eyfs 2012 we can stop delivering the full Eyfs once the child starts school - which is normally a year earlier.

However, we need to show evidence that we have discussed what care and learning we are offering the child with parents and other settings to make sure we are complementing their learning needs.

So for now carry on... from Sept if the child is in full time school change things.

Hth
    There should be a 'like' button......I do like this very much

sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I too have a 4 year old starting school in September. I was going to keep his folder as I stick in their photos and art work of their time sent with me so will continue doing this (without adding the other documentation), only handing over the file once they leave permenantly.

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I will have the same situation and am doing a record of transfer which has 6 areas of learning on also a bit for parents to add comments. I am also doing one for a 3 year old who is starting nursery in September