Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Potty Training

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Potty Training

Can anyone help me with some ideas?

My daughter will be 2 in a few weeks and now telling me 'wee wee' 'poo poo' when she wants to go. I brought a potty and it seemed uncomfortable for her as it was too low and she would really cry and not want to do it.
    So I brought a chair with a built in potty and a toilet seat trainer but she really gets upset. I have left the potty chair in the living room which she sits on from time to time to get her used to it and now pick up a book to read when she tries to go but any ideas on how to make these first transitions for them more comfortable. I'm a first time mom so still learning too and wondered if anyone had some good ideas? It breaks my heart to see her so stressed about it...

Thanks for reading my post!

Tammy

registe
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Potty Training

Hi there,

personally at 2 I would think she is only just ready, they often express an intersest long before they can reliably get inot a routine ( althought there are always exception to this)

I would leave the potty out and ently encourage her to use it as a when.

Try using it before bathtime, or just after breakfast, times when maybe she would wee or poo anyway if you see what I mean

Most of all keep calm and use positive praise whan hse gets it right

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

hi hun
    im a first time mum too...we always had a potty knocking round the house, introduced it early on so it wasnt such a big thing...we bought a "wee friend" when she started showing signs of not wanting nappies,its for the bottom of the potty, its a sticker thats black and then when warm fluid "wee" goes on it a smiley face appears!!

brilliant... my dd would sit on it for ages watching telly, reading books waiting for wee to come out just so she could see the face appear

xxx
    Jennie x x

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hiya

You just need to stay calm and try and make it fun and dont get stressed with any accidents, I potty trained my dd and a mindee at the same time and reward charts and stickers helped as they both wanted loads of stickers by the end of the day, I felt I spent weeks minding out of the bathroom
    Joy xx