Payment problems advice please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan2000
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Payment problems advice please

I would be grateful for any input. I have been looking after a little boy for almost a year now and I know that the mum is always strapped for cash. This month she is already a week late in paying me and promised faithfully that the cash, £440 would be in my account today by the latest, needless to say it isn't!!!

My problem is that I am due to look after S again on monday and wonder whether I should until she has paid up? I don't want her running up even more of a debt with me. I have emailed and texted her today, all to no avail.

Many thanks

Helen x

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

No - you need to get tough with her.

her job pays her, so she should pay you. tell her that if she hasnt paid by Monday then not only will you withhold care for her lo, you'll start charging £15 a day in late fees!!

I'm sure she'll have the money then!!
    Marnie x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all very well thinking that mum is strapped for cash but then aren't we all. I used to be too soft but now I'm the opposite, this is my business and my wages and I need them. I invoice parents in advance and have recently sent out a stern letter advising that I WILL charge late payment charges and suspend care of the children if invoices are not paid on time. Get tough, send out a letter and then stick to your guns. I bet she'll find the money soon enough then.

xxxxxxx

feb 11
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree start getting tough
    and introduce a late fee

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I would hand deliver a letter to her today stating that you expect the money by monday morning in cash or you wont be looking after the LO and that you will be charging a late fee from that day onwards until payment received. She then has the weekend to get herself organised

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caz3007 View Post
    I would hand deliver a letter to her today stating that you expect the money by monday morning in cash or you wont be looking after the LO and that you will be charging a late fee from that day onwards until payment received. She then has the weekend to get herself organised

i agree, if she hasnt got you money then she may be able to borrow some over the weekend

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, tell her she needs to sort it and that please don't bring the child on Monday if she hasn't paid you before that or has the money with her on Monday.

Hope it gets sorted hon.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but i would not wait for Monday i would be wanting the money tomorrow. It is what is owed.

Dont let her run up any more debt by having the child on Monday if she has not paid you.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    Sorry but i would not wait for Monday i would be wanting the money tomorrow. It is what is owed.

Dont let her run up any more debt by having the child on Monday if she has not paid you.
    I agree, in my account by tomorrow or she has broken her contract with you so you are not insured to care for lo. Also if there is no contract in place you are breaking the terms of your Registration with Ofsted if you care for the child.