Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Would you take a mindee to McDonalds?

Today I'm taking my son and mindee to a big pet shop to see the animals. It's on a trading estate about 30 minutes from home, and the only places to eat there are McDonalds or KFC. I could drive to the closest town centre and go to a cafe but it's rather expensive (just under £5 for a childrens lunch box style meal- half a sandwich, fromage frais tube, crisps, piece of fruit and a carton of juice) and I'd also have to pay for parking. If the weather was nicer I'd take a picnic but it's far too cold for eating outside at the moment!

I'm of the 'everything in moderation' opinion. I realise that McDonalds isn't the healthiest option but now and again it will do no harm.

I'll ask mindees Mum how she feels of course, I'm just wondering what you think?

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I don't do it often but as a treat I never even think about it

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I thikn it is fine, it's not like you take them there all the time.
    Maybe swap chips for carrot sticks and burgers for chicken nuggets, if that would make you feel better! lol

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes i would do it as a fun treat, i often do this on Christmas Eve to save cooking.

There is nothing wrong with now and then, enjoy
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

onceinabluemoon Guest

I wouldn't because I personally don't like macdonalds food nor do my kids but if the mindees parents are ok with it and you guys like it then go for it, once in a while won't do any harm.

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I took mindee's to MD's after a visit to a city farm. They all had their chosen happy meal and drink (fruit shoot's all round ) and one of those mini fruit bags.

All my parents were fine with it and they only knew about it afterwards. I still managed to give all the children their 5 a day and i'm in the same camp as you 'everything in moderation'.

It has only been that once in 5 months of having them but to be honest, if i was going once every 3 months I wouldn't really be worried about it

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't matter now anyway! Mum just text to ask if she can do different hours today so she will be leaving here at 1.15pm, won't have time to go now! Never mind maybe another time!
    Thank you everyone

onceinabluemoon Guest

Oh what a shame, I hate when parents change their hours at the last minute and okays for the day have to be cancelled. Hope you have fun anyway

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I take my own 2 children there if one is nearby when we are out and about, I see nothing wrong with it as you say everything in moderation. I would take my mindees as a treat except I can't as I have one parent of a full-timer who would freak if I asked her if I could do this (even though I know she went there at the weekend herself)
    Go for it

xxxx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snufflepuff View Post
    Doesn't matter now anyway! Mum just text to ask if she can do different hours today so she will be leaving here at 1.15pm, won't have time to go now! Never mind maybe another time!
    Thank you everyone
    I personally would have said no. I would not cancel a planned trip on the day for this reason. I might negotiate a slightly earlier return time as a compromise.

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone
    Thats not on at such late noticeI would have said no if it interferes with plans already made!

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it works out that mindee is here for 4 hrs 45 minutes but I've already been paid for 6.5hrs so it's in my favour really, and she's my only mindee today so it doesn't mean someone else has to miss out. She will leave at 1.15pm so I could take my son to see the animals after she leaves instead.

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

tomorrow I am going to pizza Hut with my sister and her children. I have 1 mindee aged 3 and give her a hot meal. I have just printed off voucher for kids to eat free This is a one off treat never taken mindees out for lunch but think it is good for them to experience eating out.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well it works out that mindee is here for 4 hrs 45 minutes but I've already been paid for 6.5hrs so it's in my favour really, and she's my only mindee today so it doesn't mean someone else has to miss out. She will leave at 1.15pm so I could take my son to see the animals after she leaves instead.
    All worked out nicely then - and I would have no problem taking the mindee to macdonalds In fact now you mention it is there time for breakfast
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I would def go

Just so I can have one

Angel xx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

we go, not often ( but thats mainly 'cos the nearest macdonalds is about 40min drive away )

i love macdonalds

i usually give LO milk or water to drink, fishfingers or nuggets, but if they ask for a burger thats fine, and fries. i never cook chips at home. i usually get a fruit bag as well. if getting at least 2 happy meals, i do one with fries and one with fruit and they share

i have a LO now, who is veggie, so i would not be able to take her! shame, as i know the other LO i have that day would love it!

~Chelle~ Guest

I took the kids there for breakfast yesterday before we went to the park. I love the sausage and egg mcmuffin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Chelle~ View Post
    I took the kids there for breakfast yesterday before we went to the park. I love the sausage and egg mcmuffin
    Now your talking Chelle

Yummy

Forget the kids what about us lot ha ha

Angel xx

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    we go, not often ( but thats mainly 'cos the nearest macdonalds is about 40min drive away )

i love macdonalds

i usually give LO milk or water to drink, fishfingers or nuggets, but if they ask for a burger thats fine, and fries. i never cook chips at home. i usually get a fruit bag as well. if getting at least 2 happy meals, i do one with fries and one with fruit and they share

i have a LO now, who is veggie, so i would not be able to take her! shame, as i know the other LO i have that day would love it!
    They do a veggie burger !!
    I have taken my mindees , as an occasional treat then why not?

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymop View Post
    I thikn it is fine, it's not like you take them there all the time.
    Maybe swap chips for carrot sticks and burgers for chicken nuggets, if that would make you feel better! lol
    Which? did a report on this and said that parents often give nuggets, carrots & water to make it slightly healthier but that isn't enough to sustain children until the next meal/snack so your better off letting them have the chips and then an OJ as their drink.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast