Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Safety catches

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Safety catches

Can anyone help, I am in the process of sorting out all the safety bits ad bobs I need to go towards my 1st inspection.

Just a little help, do I need to put catches on all the cupboards and drawers in my kitchen or just the ones I think will be potentially hazardous, ie I have plates and glasses in a bottom cupboard, should I move them to accomodate mindees, obviously I am having a gate across

Also, if I safety catch my cupboard under the sink can I still leave my cleaning equipment in there or should I remove it and store it somewhere else locked away

Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Safety catches

I just have safety catches on the cupboard under the sink where I keep all the cleaning materials and also on the drinks cupboard for the alchohol.

Never needed one for my crockery and I have all my glasses in a high up cupboard
    Fiona xx

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i only have them on the bottom units, i was asked why not the top ones i replied that if a mindee was left long enough to open the kitchen door, drag a chair from the dining room into the kitchen, climb up, and get into the top units then i shouldnt be minding
    IS BACK

Aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I have only cleaning stuff cupboard, plastic bags/ sharp knives cupboard and have all meds in kitchen cupboard
    I have a safety gate on kitchen and kids only go in to access yard with me.

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

So I have a cupboard under sink with cleaning stuff, cupboard next to washing machine with meds and washing powder which would defo need to be safety catched

I have a draw with wooden/metal spoons and spatulas etc - would you do this?

And my plates and glasses and cooking bowls etc are in a bottom cupboard - would this need to be done too?

Also just whilst I am thinking about it - I have a sideboard with drawers and cupboards and a bookcase and tv unit - how does it fair with this situ - all my breakable stuff on bookcase is on upper shelves, tv unit contains dvd/virgin media box and sideboard contains photos/dvds/ basic randomn stuff!!! what should i do with that!!!!