first visit questions
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default first visit questions

hello I'm hopefully having my first inspection next week and just wondering what sort of questions they'll ask about the early years foundation i far from know it cover to cover should i be revising. Also done my best in the garden but concrete surface a bit lumpy bumpy i'll put it in a risk assesment but a bit worried i might have to change it (i rent my house.) I'm busy sorting out polices home risk assessments. any advice ???

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: first visit questions

Hiya, is this your pre reg you're having? If it is, don't worry at all, you won't have to know anything cover to cover. They come and advise you what you need to do and it's good if you can tell them what you are going to do to make everywhere safe etc. . Hope it goes ok.
    Sue

feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks i've just heard it depends very much on the person you get which worries me a bit

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I had my pre reg on mon. There's a booklet in with your registration application forms etc. If you answer all those questions you'll be well prepared.

The lady who came to me asked me all the quetions in that booklet and told me which question to refer to and prompted and advised me on things I was unsure of.

She also asked me about my child safety policy and risk assessments. Then I had to show her the rooms I wanted registering. It lasted about 2.5hrs but it was fine even had DD with me who was very well behaved thank goodness

Oh I also was worried about my garden and also rent but she said it was fine if there was no access to the street thought pebbles might be a problem but apparently not.

Good luck
    Last edited by clio0602; 21-11-2009 at 08:35 PM.

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

if ofsted are worried about anything they will tell you and some may ask you aquestion and guide your answer.... thats what one of my minder friends said when she had her pre reg.

feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: first visit questions

thanks your making me feel so much better

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beccas View Post
    if ofsted are worried about anything they will tell you and some may ask you aquestion and guide your answer.... thats what one of my minder friends said when she had her pre reg.
    mine seemed to answer her own questions too! one was why would you do observations you would do them to confirm a behaviour wouldnt you not to look for new development - all in one sentence!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    mine seemed to answer her own questions too! one was why would you do observations you would do them to confirm a behaviour wouldnt you not to look for new development - all in one sentence!
    Mine did a similar thing as well - only asked me about 2 questions that I had to answer myself

My inspector was lovely and really put me at ease - you're not far from me so fingers crossed you'll get the same lady.

Good luck - you'll be fine, it's really nothing to worry about.
    Cazz x