Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Non childminder member
    Jan2000
    Post Thanks / Like

Default would nannying be less paperwork?

hi, my name is izzy, i joined a while ago but have only been on a couple of times. ihave enjoyed childminding for nearly nine years, but am thinking of moving to nannying -less paperwork! can anyone tell me if nannying and home childcare is the same thing? do i still have to do all the paperwork with being a nanny, it seems so daunting. i am going to have a look at the eyfs section to see if i can unscramble my poor brain! any input would be gratefully received. x x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: would nannying be less paperwork?

Hi Izzy,

I will move this to minding chat, you will get more answers there. (This section is for problems with the forum).

As to your question - I think the paperwork would be a lot less as a nanny/home carer. Don't know a great lot more about it, hope you get some answers.

Pauline x

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

In a word yes! You don't have to comply with EYFS & your employed...if you don't have children of your own to care for during the day then it's something I would definately explore...however there are other downsides so i would recommend carefully weighing up the pros & cons after doing a bit of research.
    Blaze x

Post Thanks / Like

Might be less paperwork but not so much fun

Who wants to answer to a boss all day long ?

Much better being your own boss and working the hours that you want to work etc

Angel xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, My cousin is a Nanny. We have had many a disussion over the differences. She has NO paperwork. She is working in another persons home and does have to answer to them help in house ect.

She doesn't like it when parents have a day off and she still has to work as she feels on show all day. She is doing two part timers at mo and has had a few problems with one set. Mainly with the grandparents. The last family were very easy going.

She has just gone on the voulantry reg and doesn't get inspected.
    She has decided that when she has a child she will carry on being a Nanny as its a lot less hassle, well that and hubbie doesnt like the idea of loads of kids in house.

Both have pros and cons. I'd prefer to work in my own house then someone else.

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

hi
    i used to be a nanny in school holidays when i wasnt teaching and then a few years ago when my youngest was a babe. its different but i wouldnt say easier. there is no paperwork you turn up do your job then leave no extra stuff when you get home so thats good. but you are kind of a hired help and because you're in their house i always felt a little on edge and watched i dont think i ever really relaxed.
    there are pros -
    no paperwork
    decent money
    they pay for everything outings etc
    lots of work about which you go and find rather cm where its a little harder
    but also cons -
    not your house
    you're not the boss
    parents often have very high expectations (sometimes in a negative manner)
    you have to travel to work rather than walking downstairs
    kids have often had lots of nannies before

at the end of the day its a preference many nannies would never be cm and vice versa. if you know any nannies it may be worth asking them if you could join them for a day see what its all about.

xx