Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any chance of this being scrapped

with the new EYFS coming in? I absolutely HATE doing it

toddlers896 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmaggy View Post
    with the new EYFS coming in? I absolutely HATE doing it
    his

ive just had a look at it and bought sarahs e book to help me and am thinkin, oh my god, do i really need to do this rubbish. just when you get passed one obstacle and you think great ime done something else comes along

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Self reflection is an important part of our work.

You don't have to do the SEF from Ofsted if you don't want to. You can write your own self reflection document.

Having self reflection in place will show your inspector that you are continually working to reflect on what you are doing and improve.

Hth

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never completed the SEF and got Good with Outstandings when I was inspected last Sept.

The inspector wasn't the slightest bit bothered that I hadn't done one.

I do show how I reflect on my work and practice though.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind a simplified version but the questions are stupid and repeat themselves

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmaggy View Post
    I wouldn't mind a simplified version but the questions are stupid and repeat themselves
    Don't repeat yourself - just refer back to where you've already answered the question but beware sometimes the questions come at things from a different angle so it looks like they are repeating but they aren't!

NCMA also have a self reflection document but you could make up your own.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

jumpinjen Guest

The questions might repeat themselves but you don't have to! You can cross reference your answers to a previous question, there are some differences eg - how does a child feel safe then how do you do your safeguarding - I can recommend Sarah's e-book, I am working through it now and although my brain hurts doing it, I have found it a really useful process as I've seen lots of things that I could make better for the children (not just as a nod to Ofsted LOL). Once begun it isn't as bad as you think and you don't have to do it all at once - I find once a week with a glass of wine (obviously once the children have gone home and gone to bed!) is OK really!

Jen x

jan01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Why??? the new EYFS is much better! it only concentrates on 3 areas of learning for the under 2's communication, PSE and physical...in addition instead of 69 learning outcomes we will now have only 17 for this age group...I say it's much more managable then the waffle we had before...

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't and haven't done a sef just self reflect

feb12
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry self assessment

oh no !!! can i any one help,I havent been childminding for long and i have just had my self assessment through.I have read through it but i am so stuck,Also i didnt realise that they put a little questionaire in for parents.Can anyone HELP PLEASE !!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danielleadd86 View Post
    oh no !!! can i any one help,I havent been childminding for long and i have just had my self assessment through.I have read through it but i am so stuck,Also i didnt realise that they put a little questionaire in for parents.Can anyone HELP PLEASE !!!
    Just take it one question at a time thinking about how you work and what you do.

Use it as your boasting book!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Self reflection is an important part of our work.

You don't have to do the SEF from Ofsted if you don't want to. You can write your own self reflection document.

Having self reflection in place will show your inspector that you are continually working to reflect on what you are doing and improve.

Hth
    Sarah you know me, im rubbish at all of this