Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SEF grades

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile SEF grades

Hi, I am a new childminder and my first grading inspection will be in the next couple of months I guess!

My NCMA coordinator came round to help me prepare and was very positive about my setting and suggested a few things I could do to improve. As part if this she suggested that when I complete my SEF I should grade myself as Outstanding for everything.

Now, here's the question for those that have already trodden this ground - if I do grade myself Outstanding will the Ofsted inspector think I am some kind of presumptive, narcissistic nutter? Or, will it come across as confident and that I like to really to try my best (which I do!)

Thanks in anticipation!

Post Thanks / Like

I think the inspector will look for evidence to back up the grade you have given yourself.

My advice is, if you think you are outstanding then go for it.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Miffy, in all honesty I find it very difficult to rate myself - it feels like the worst sort of showing off!!!

Post Thanks / Like

But it isn't - think of all the hard work you've put in to your job, paperwork etc, how you are always trying to improve, what you have done to make things a better experience for the children, what you intend to do in the future - believe in yourself then knock their socks off!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That is such a positive thing to say, thanks. You have really made me smile!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,I am in exactly the same situation,1st inspection due Apr\May =-O I feel so relieved that I am not the only one to feel like that pheew ;-)

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I graded myself outstanding in quite a few areas. The inspector kind of rolled her eyes a bit lol, but then said well it's up to you to prove you are outstanding isn't it! Which I did, and she agreed.

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I graded myself Outstanding in the areas which I felt were strongest and where I felt any improvements I needed to make were minimal. I graded myself as good in the areas where I had identified clear targets for improvements.
    How you grade yourself is not the most important thing, the inspector will be looking to see how you reflect on and evaluate your practice and whether you have clearly identified targets for improvement.