To SEF or not to SEF?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default To SEF or not to SEF?

Hi all, Im due my 2nd inspection in a couple of weeks and haven't started my SEF. I am part of a network and complete a network book with termly visits from my coordinator, she and another childminder say that the network book will be ok without doing a SEF, what do you guys think?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I havent seen the network book - but the sef is a great way of saying what you do well - and how you have improved over time to get there. A way of blowing your own trumpet as it were , after all mrs O cant possibly see everything in one short visit. Does your network book do the same? Is the information laid out under similar areas so that the inspector can find it easily? have any of your colleagues had feedback from an inspector about this form of self reflection? Id be tempted to use the inf in the book to help you do the sef , just incase you get an awkward inspector!

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

It is set out in the same areas, think I may give the SEF a go, like you say they cant see everything on their visit x

Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I filled out a SEF and because of this my insection only lasted 1 hour 15 mins. She basically questioned me on a few points from my SEF (maybe trying to catch me out!!) and said she was impressed with everything I'd written. Good luck.
    Julie X X

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by julie w View Post
    I filled out a SEF and because of this my insection only lasted 1 hour 15 mins. She basically questioned me on a few points from my SEF (maybe trying to catch me out!!) and said she was impressed with everything I'd written. Good luck.
    That has just given me the motivation I need to do some work on my sef

may 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a total head ache and takes ages first time round but defo worth doing makes inspection so much easier. Hoping next time it wont take so long as will just need updating.