Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sef form ....the ofsted site wont let me on to my sef form

i log on and it lets me on but when i click on the sef form it tells me i am not authorised to enter this site. I phoned them and they still havent got back to me .... thats a week now ......
    Any ideas people ???????

Post Thanks / Like

There's a copy of the sef in the free resources (free downloads) section at the top of the forum - you could download that and make a start on it then copy and paste to the Ofsted website when you get that sorted out

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would give them a ring they have a technical help department.

Meanwhile as Miffy says do your SEF on the computer then upload it when the problems are sorted.

Good luck!

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had this as well, if you haven't started your sef yet what you need to do is log in, access sef - it says you aren't authorised to access, you then need to log out and then log back in again straight away and access your sef and it will work.

I was told it was a new security process for people accessing their sef for the 1st time in case your details had been sent to the wrong person. the 1st time you access it it says you arent authorised so if someone other than yourself got your details they would think they were wrong.

Hope that makes sense.

H x

June 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm having the same problem and my inspection is next week! eekkkk so mega cacking myself. Ofsteds technician rang me back and said the errors I was experiencing I shouldnt be and they couldnt understand why so would have to refer it to the Governments Gateway Technicians and in the meantime do it on my pc and print it off to give to inspector on the day. Prob means she'll be here longer now!!! grrrr

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you due an inspection? I was told (by the inspector who registered me) that Ofsted freeze your SEF just prior to an inspection so they can read it without missing bits that you've recently added. Not sure I've explained that too well!

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I went on there to make a start on mine, never done it before but thought I'd make an effort anyway can't find my security token so need to ring them up, that was 3 months ago and still havn't got round to ringing them, maybe next year!!!. X