Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Questionnaire

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Questionnaire

Hi All, I would like to ask parents about my service, I do ask them if there is anything that they would like me to do with there child but they always say that they are pleased with what I am doing. Do you ask parents to fill in a questionnaire regarding your service and does anyone have a blank one I can look at please.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by happyhome View Post
    Hi All, I would like to ask parents about my service, I do ask them if there is anything that they would like me to do with there child but they always say that they are pleased with what I am doing. Do you ask parents to fill in a questionnaire regarding your service and does anyone have a blank one I can look at please.
    Very good idea to do a regular questionnaire asking parents to feedback to you about your service...rather than ask a very general question you could target the areas you would want to hear about and make the questions 'open ended' so that you invite comments rather than receiving a YES or NO answer.

For instance you could call the questionnaire :' A reflection on practice'
    you can use it as evidence of your 'working in partnership with parents' and add it to your SEF by reflecting on what you have acted upon following parents suggestions

It would be better to devise your own questionnaire simply because you are unique in what you offer
    The areas you could ask about are about the food you offer, the activities you do, your policies and therefore ethos, the way you communicate with parents and they with you and even ask about paperwork and documentation including contract...is there anything they feel could be improved if not clear to them?

Hope this helps

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I have picked up these 2 questionnaires they may be useful.
    Parental_Questionnaire.docParental Questionnaire.docx
    Cath

4. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's nice when parents are entirely positive about your service, but also frustrating cos you can't show you're acting in response to consultation with them.

Try including a question like: "If there were one thing I could do that I'm not currently doing, what would you like it to be?" or similar.

6. Likes MessybutHappy liked this post
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    It's nice when parents are entirely positive about your service, but also frustrating cos you can't show you're acting in response to consultation with them.

Try including a question like: "If there were one thing I could do that I'm not currently doing, what would you like it to be?" or similar.
    I have a bit where I ask them what they'd like me to focus on next with their child - they don't always fill it in, and sometimes it's something way, way ahead of the child's current level/needs, but again, at least I can react to that! In the past I've had "we'd like the light of our life to be able to count to 10", well, yes, but lets achieve speaking first!! Equally I've had that they'd like me to include lots of music so we now go to a music based group.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think parents would be more willing to give more constructive answers if the responses were anonymous? Maybe providing them with a self addressed stamped envelope that they could send back would work. Has anyone ever tried anything like this? Obviously I am still in the process of setting up but making notes for the future

aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a similar one to the attached above, I was also told to have a child friendly one for older - perhaps confident speaking children - using smiley faces etc. I haven't done one yet but I think it would be good that the child can reflect too.

I'm not sure whether anonymity would work as I think parents would know you'd be able to recognise their writing or specific comments. I've often wondered about doing an online one, like survey monkey, which could get over the problem of parents actually filling them out, I've probably only had 3/10 returned to me, even with hassling them. an online one may be more instant and easier for parents to use too.

Hope that helps x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post

Love that question Bunyip...have you ever got a reply?
    I could guess some answers: babysitting?....a bit of shopping?

dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

Love that question Bunyip...have you ever got a reply?
    I could guess some answers: babysitting?....a bit of shopping?
    I have that question on mine - did get someone answer "ironing" - thankfully I knew she was joking as she knew how much I hated ironing.:-)