Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation HELP! Ofsted inspection imminent and I can't access SEF

Hi
    I have had a call today from Ofsted to arrange my inspection and, after a year of minding and putting it off, have realised I need to now hurry up and do my SEF. I have my security token etc from Ofsted but can't access it online (and I haven't got my pop ups blocked). Has anyone else had this problem? I would actually prefer to print the SEF off and fill it out by hand - is there anywhere I can access a hard copy? I was following a thread below about the new SEF but can't find where the download is - I have found the old SEF in the downloads section of the forum but not the new one? Can anyone help, please!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's here in free resources at the top of the forum

SEF Ofsted
    Last edited by sarah707; 07-06-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah. I accessed this from the previous thread when you kindly posted the new SEF. Is there a version with text boxes that can be filled in do you know (the old SEF word doc on downloads has this set up).

march05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SEF

HI Sarah do u have new version of help with new SEF? Gud luck with ur inspectionxxx

feb 11
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

i had the same problem it looks like ofsted may have changed your security token number as they had with me. i rang them they cant send it electronically and they cant tell you your security token over the phone they have to send it you in the post :-( x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mandarooney View Post
    HI Sarah do u have new version of help with new SEF? Gud luck with ur inspectionxxx
    The guidance is included in the document - that's all they are giving us this time!

If you are a childcare.co.uk gold member you will find updated information in your membership section.

I have also written a 3 chapter e-book about the SEF including guidance for answering the questions, inspection advice etc -

SEF e-book updated!

There are only 6 main questions in the revised SEF - it's easy to re-type each onto a new sheet of paper and then write your answers underneath

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah. I will do just that. I think my panic at the thought of my inspection was dulling my brain! I will also take a look at your e book. I spoke to my inspector today and she won't be out until after half term (so much for it being a surprise!) so I will have enough time to do it properly and calmly now

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I rang Ofsted and managed to get online and have started filling it out now - yay! Three questions in and powering on through